No Engine Managment Light T595

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bernie, Apr 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    #1 Bernie, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Hi all
    So After having the battery out of my 98 T595 to trickle charge for a few months I now have no engine managment light when I turn the ignition on. I can't even plug into TuneEcu to test for faults. All fuses are good and ignition and neutral lights are on. The engine turns over fine. It was running before I took the battery out. Also why can't you buy 4RA94001 relays?? How can I test if the old relay has failed with a used replacement as there are only used ones for sale?
    Please help as I'm trying to sell the bike.
    Cheers
    Bernie

2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Relay

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
  4. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    So after some more investigation.....
    All relays good
    All fuses good
    Fan and fuel pump good
    I put 12.7v to the coil of the power/ecu relay and the engine management light came on and the fuel pump ran. This is fed from the cam position sensor.
    So the question is - Can a faulty cam position sensor cause my problem of no engine management light/no power to main relay when turning the ignition on?
    Basically I have no power to the main relay

5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Can’t help you I’m afraid Bernie. The diagram I have for the T595 in my triumph manual doesn’t have a cam sensor on it! :confused: I think you may have answered your own question by powering the relay directly. Worth checking loom connectors, they have been known to melt/corrode.
    Good luck in fixing it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Ok all solved. I found 3 pins mildly corroded in the ecu. Luckily I had a spare so fitted that after cleaning up the connector. Ran the 3 hot/cold cycles and now she's running ok.

• Like Like x 6
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Nice one fella! :grinning:

• Like Like x 1