Featured No Engine Can Be Fun!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Scrambled head, Mar 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

That's unusual.

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    God loves the bike tinkerer. That's how we got aeroplanes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Awesome, someone else remembers Overbury's. I lived in St Pauls (Bristol) back in the late 70s early 80s, which was unusual being a white fella. When all the rioting kicked off in 1980 one of the few shops sparred was the Overbury's bike shop, to this day I have no idea why but they were a really nice family that ran it. Fowlers used to be just around the corner then, in I think Badmington Road . Their shop had the windows put in but all the staff were keeping the mob at bay. That was a lively day and night to say the least, strange to see police cars on their roofs burning in the next road to where I lived.:eek:
    Back to my bike, I think I bought it around 88 or 89 when MTBiking was in the early years, it was made to measure for me specked up to my requirements. I raced it all around the country then when I had a bit of fitness, now its all fatness. Very happy days. :heart:

• Like Like x 2
  4. kevin McNamara

kevin McNamara Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Guildford
    Just found out even my push bike is a triple

Screenshot_20200426-085011_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Went out on my push bike this morning, absolute mayhem! Families with young kids is ok but your “serious “ cyclists dodging in and out of them at stupid speeds was ridiculous. I saw the aftermath of 2 accidents, one with an ambulance on site and the other had one guy with what looked to be a broken collar bone and the other with some sort of leg injury, so probably 2 ambulances will have to be called there. 4+ person pelatons, I’m sure they were from the same household!
    Grrr!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MARKYMARKTHREE

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Chap on the BBC news earlier caught covid due to bike riding. He went out MTBing with his MRS and was going for it off road somewhere. He fell off and shattered his elbow and had a stay in hospital. Whilst there Mr Covid paid him a visit but he was one of the lucky ones and survived.
    I shall be sticking to walking the dog as my daily exercise.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep seen that on the news this morning......

8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I hope she is ok and no major problems.... Like you say you cannot script it can ya.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MARKYMARKTHREE

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Can I use that as my excuse not to do any gardening, except watching it of course ?
    Going to the bog can be dangerous mind, ask Elvis. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1