Nitron Shocks - Word Of Warning. Closure! :-)

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Flashp, Dec 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vectis John

Vectis John Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Isle of Wight
    It’s a fact that mistakes do happen in retail workshops. What sets apart manufactures and retailers is how they deal with mistakes. It’s the difference between a good retailer and a bad one.
    This post would probably never have been made about this garage and manufacturer had the matter been resolved quickly, instead both have got some really bad press and this will be searchable for years.
    You would think they would have learnt by now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well said John ...

3. FatLadsRacing

FatLadsRacing Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Totally agree John.

4. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    I just read this thread , and nearly shat myself as I bought Nitron NTR1's for my '07 T100 last year . Just been and checked and mine are definitely not touching the frame , close ( 3/8" ish) , but definitely no rub marks .
    As for Nitron I absolutely love them , night and day better than Hagon , obviously a lot to do with being built to the individuals weight and riding style , not off the shelf . I was really lucky in that I bought themjust before the price hike before Feb 2019 , and I can get a decent discount , so nearer £400 than £600. Beautifully built aswell , the only thing I probably would have liked to keep in the style of the bike , would be a chrome spring , might ask Nitron for a bare set of springs and get them chromed myself

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    I just read this thread , and nearly shat myself as I bought Nitron NTR1's for my '07 T100 last year . Just been and checked and mine are definitely not touching the frame , close ( 3/8" ish) , but definitely no rub marks .
    As for Nitron I absolutely love them , night and day better than Hagon , obviously a lot to do with being built to the individuals weight and riding style , not off the shelf . I was really lucky in that I bought themjust before the price hike before Feb 2019 , and I can get a decent discount , so nearer £400 than £600. Beautifully built aswell , the only thing I probably would have liked to keep in the style of the bike , would be a chrome spring , might ask Nitron for a bare set of springs and get them chromed myself

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    What they did (I'm sure you realized since you read all of this thread) is sell the parts designed for your bike for a 2018 and there's a frame difference.

The Nitron's did ride really well, I can't argue that. The Hagon's were sprung for my weight etc so they are bespoke in some sense. They can do this for every set or single shock and offer 2 re-springs FOC if you're not happy. Aesthetically these two shocks are quite far from one another, the finish on the Hagon's is very acceptable, certainly no worse than OE but I do agree that the Nitron's are superior in that sense.

For me at least I've got these working well, there's a more limited range of adjustment and I can't deny I was very happy to accept simplicity and parts that fit without issue. I'd really lost my appetite for big budget solutions :tired_face:

Of course the Hagon's can't be re-built but they appear to offer a well engineered solution where it matters. The adjustments, although limited, do as they were designed and I think that's where the budget went.

Pleased your's are OK, there isn't room here for two threads like mine! :laughing:

7. Paul Mac

Paul Mac Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Durham
    I do apologise , I didn't read all the threads , I read the first two pages and the last but hadn't realised the bike was that new and had a different top mounting lug as it didn't say what bike and year on the original post. Seems like Nitron hadn't noticed either , bit of a faux pas for sure . Good you have gotten it sorted :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. jdwalmsley

jdwalmsley Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    british columbia
    Here's what Hagon 2810's look like on a T120...
    No touch on the frame.

IMG_1897.JPG