Ng Racing Round 8 - Oulton Park Sat 28th Sep

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    You know Billy you can be soooooo cruel at times :sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #42 Bad Billy, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    The forecast has improved for Friday & Saturday at Oulton Park, I have already got a wet tyre in the rear after seeing the long range forecast on Sunday, the thinking behind that is that I only have to swap 1 wheel on Friday morning depending on whether it's wet or dry.
    Saturday currently says it will be dry, so good news for anyone coming along to watch the racing, and of course for us lot out on the track.
    upload_2019-9-24_10-2-35.png
    upload_2019-9-24_10-2-59.png upload_2019-9-24_10-2-35.png upload_2019-9-24_10-2-59.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Oh! Stop ya whining Tiglet :no_mouth:, your the one started throwing insults around :rolleyes:, no good crying now! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    If it makes you feel better you’ve not got a fat arse Billy :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I'd like to say you're not gonna have a fat lip ....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That is one heck of a lot of weather data, Billy. ;) But who am I to talk (er, type)? I do the same thing when I have outdoor plans, especially motorcycle related.

Good luck this weekend and have a terrific time, Billy! Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up and all those sayings we say. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the track stays dry. :cool: Looking forward to race reports!! :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So Bad Billy ≠ Bad Guy??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Sandi,
    The whole Bad Billy thing goes back to Moto-Cross days, I had a bit of a wild & aggressive riding style, a particular commentator who was a bit of a joker used to call me Big Bad Billy, the bad boy of Moto-X when commentating on races, it kinda stuck.
    He called another mate of mine the 'Adonis' of Moto-X on account of him being blond/tanned & rather popular with the ladies, he would say that he would be appearing as centrefold in Trials & Moto-X news if they had one, the commentator Paul Hardy really was a very funny guy & made the race commentary amusing & interesting for the spectators.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    In the UK the weather changes so quickly, we have become obsessed with it!
    Especially racers, the worst reports for us are the sunshine & showers ones :(, because you are never sure what tyres to have in, and changing wheels does take a little time, I have changed wheels as many as 5 times on a race day! :dizzy:.

Friday & Sat forecast have changed again, now predicted the dreaded sunshine & showers :mad:

That said, it's the same for everyone, you roll the dice, put in the tyres to suit what you think will happen & pray that you're right.

upload_2019-9-25_9-52-18.png

upload_2019-9-25_9-54-34.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yes, HAD, anyone who has been to watch this year will confirm Miss Daisy would give me a good kicking on the track! :p

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    What can I say ..... the voices would make me do it! :eek:

That's why I don't ride on the road :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    A guy I know through Prostocks is selling this old GSXR 750 SRAD, he's looking to get into the Bandit class next season, can't make up my mind whether to arrange a swap deal with him on my Bandit, he's interested if I am.

I could race this in a few more clubs than the Bandit, Thundersport Golden Era Superbike as well as in Prostocks, was really thinking more along the lines of a pre-injection R6 when considering a swap in class.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gsxr-750...951875?hash=item34144df1c3:g:zF4AAOSwNypdib6i

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am tempted, but undecided at the moment, I haven’t jelled with the Bandit, but my ideal bike would be a 675 Daytona, realistically can’t afford to race one, so pre injection R6 is more likely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ahh, I figured there was a story in here somewhere, Billy! ;) Is Paul Hardy still around? He does sound funny and like he was an entertaining commentator. I'd wager that "Adonis" of Moto-X isn't around still, though. :p:cool:

15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yes Paul is still around & last big Moto-X meeting I went to although probably 15 yrs or more ago he was commentating. Adonis has a son who races, but can report that Dad couldn’t possibly be described as Adonis any longer :joy:
    I seem to attract commentators with a flair for taking the piss, one of the guys who do the series I race in now always has something to poke fun at, his name is Martin Bennett, I call him Gordon.... very English joke though Sandi!

Right I am off to load up, then drive up north ready for tomorrow’s test day, will update through the weekend as no doubt will @Tiglet :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Have a safe journey up Norf Billy and see you tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    All the very best for the Oulton round Bill, hope the weather is kind for all out on track, as you say, end of the season already, doesn't seem two minutes ago you were attending your first meeting, good luck too on whatever you decide to do next year, I know we compete in any sport in the hope of doing well but I don't think I would be alone on here in taking my hat off to you for getting out there and giving it a damn good go, that is very inspiring in itself, it was great to catch up with you guys at Castle Combe, hats off too to Christine for her support this year and congratulations to Dave for his result this season :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Thanks Dave, it’s been a very steep learning curve, still change my mind every other day about what to do next!
    Weather I am afraid is not being kind, raining currently & forecast says same tomorrow. Walked the track last night & it’s awesome, just about to put front wet in for first session as I had hedged my bets & had the wet in rear already.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck Dave, look on the bright side they cannot get the weather right from one day to the next.

PS. It is 28c in Corfu, just saying mate

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Good luck tomorrow Billy. A point scoring position for thee, would be a nice birthday present for me. Along wi 3 points for t'mighty Blades against Liverpool..........:p

• Thanks Thanks x 1