Rideout Newton Stewart Loop

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Jul 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I got a call from Lou about going a run I decided I'd come down his way for a change, so I made an early start (5.30am) and arrived at his place near Cumnock at 8am (the B743 Strathaven to Muirkirk road is a hidden gem) Lou recommended I take that road I would never have thought of going on that road to Cumnock glad I did:cool::cool:
    we headed towards New Galloway on some lovely roads and did the "The Queens Way" to Newton Stewart a great road that I've heard about but never been on:cool::cool:.From there we went to Crocketford and headed back towards New Galloway (A712) another brilliant road:cool::cool:, from there went up the "Dalveen Pass":cool::cool: then over to the Wenlockhead Inn.. I didn't realize it was the highest pub in Scotland. after some lunch we went through Mennock Pass,:cool::cool:when your riding through there you could be forgiven for thinking you are in the Highlands not Dumfries & Galloway they pan for gold in all the little burns (streams) there, after that I headed back up towards the Edinburgh bypass and home, another fantastic day down the south of Scotland:cool:

Wanlockhead Inn The highest Pub in Scotland
    P1000676.JPG
    Mennock Pass
    P1000682.JPG
    P1000679.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Sis in law had a static caravan at Dalbeattie which we used to borrow. 'Tis a lovely area thereabouts and well worth a visit.:):cool:
    To all those lesser souls who who don't know this forum, it's an utterly shite area with absolutely nothing to recommend it!!:eek::scream: Spread the word!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think you would have done Andy,they are some of the best roads down that way:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2