News Channel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DCS900, Oct 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Not sure what Macron is up to. Is he surrendering to the Russians, the Ukrainians or both ?. :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I'm not a Macron aficionados, but let's be honest, he tries something. There is so little chance he can really change to coming disaster but, allow him the intention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I'll give you that, he's very trying.:);)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    When’s his term of office due? Be nice to go into an election having Brownie points the opposition can’t score…

6. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    All the BBC news stories have so much political slant on them I'm surprised the newsreaders don't fall off their chairs. We watch Al Jazeera for a pretty good account of what's going on in the world. The BBC News doesn't seem to deliver actual news anymore, it's all about pushing it's own agenda or trying to ruin peoples careers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I’ve never looked at Al Jazeera, I’ll give it a look over

9. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep it’s tragic that people cannot get homes in the area that they are born in and want to live.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    This has been a big problem for years in Cornwall, too. Some villages are half empty and it's driven house prices up to ludicrous levels, so the younger generation have to leave to make a decent living. It's wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    The leader of Oldham Council Arooj Shah lost her seat last night in the local elections. Not that I vote or have much interest. But her position as Leader has been a bit unsettling and her term has been "eventful", including her car being fire bombed. This letter on the local news site will give you a flavour of what she's like.

Totally agree - she has pulled out the race/religion/gender card throughout her time in office.

Let me assure you Arooj: I am female, I am Muslim and I am an ethnic minority - not once have I felt you were treated unfairly or discriminated against for any of these factors.

Rather, you have been criticised and ultimately ousted due to your inadequate leadership, your poor skills in representing the people who elected you, your unfair allocation of projects throughout the borough, your free for all spending of our taxes on vanity projects, your constant blaming of central government for your shortcomings and your credit claims for distributing central government grants, your refusal to deal with grooming gangs and your blatant association with known criminals and their families.

I understand her own family contains convicted drug dealers.
    It would seem she is half way to becoming an MP.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    +1 for Al Jazeera, often go there for (f)actual news and a break from auntie's agenda.

Daughter & partner nearly lost their rental due to estate agent encouraging landlord to evict them and rake in the cash by letting it out on Airbnb, fortunately personal contact direct with landlord has saved the day (for now at least). The situation in Cornwall is absolutely crazy, local (only sizeable) hospital has staffing problems due to nurses being unable to find affordable accommodation in the area.....etc.,etc.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
  15. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    The ironic thing is whenever they have someone on defending their right to have a second home in Wales and whining about the plans to increase council tax charges on second home owners, its inevitably some posh English bloke from the home counties in their late fifties bleating about the fact that they bring "money to the local economy" ignoring the fact that its only 2 weeks a year and they also bring inflation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1