Newbie With Eml On Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by alan ramsay, Oct 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    No Alan, the fitting on the hose is broken off in the tank fitting and needs removing from the connector in the tank.

You need to operate the spring steel clip and remove the part broken off the male fitting with the O ring from the tank fitting.

But you could replace both for peace of mind

2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Told you I would be corrected. Agreed, buy both, plastic parts become more brittle with age, particularly when petrol is involved

3. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    I cannot thank you all enough, I have ordered both parts and will update you later in the week, bit of a bugger was going to have my last go at the north 500 of the year but that's life

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Walk it for charity :p instead

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    I have two artificial knees and a hip,left foot bones fused, can't walk a hundred yards lol

6. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Bionic man member?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Could be, got a pin in my back as well lol, fun at customs,, cheery

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Mate, 61, what happened? Were you a carpet fitter or something? Must be a nightmare at airport security

9. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Could be, got a pin in my back as well lol,,, cheery
    , 32 years in the fire service, that's with did it.....

10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Climbing all those ladders :)

11. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Crawling on your hands and knees In houses, drains, sewers you name it with a 40lb set on your back, and of course climbing ladders saddled with weight doesn't help, I was at a busy station for most of my time so it wore me out basically, common amongst us older firefighters, sets are less than half the weight nowadays and with thermal imaging you don't need to pat the floor, anyway going back to the fuel connector issue, I have ordered two pipe ends, do I have to order the tank ends as well or do the metal male fit the plastic female as they don't leak and haven't been removed and I would rather not to be honest, thanks and thanks

12. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Have you removed the broken piece from the tank fitting ? as I would suspect its still in there and will need to be removed to fit the new hose end.

As far as I'm aware the new hose end fitting should be a straight forward part swap & fit

13. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Hi yes it fell out, I was thinking the same, it's the shafts bit that snaps, the female part should be fine, anyway I will know tomorrow lol, take care

• Like Like x 1
  14. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Hello all, I cannot thank you enough, it's all buttoned up and like a sewing machine, I cleaned all the relay connections and a bit of vaseline and fan kicks in, just away out to warm it up for the third time and hopefully the light will go off, very pleased, oh the Triumph shop sent me another plastic pipe for both but due to age replaced both, plus plugs and filters, one central again and bearing in mind do I am no mechanic I am chuffed, hardest part was putting the clip on the pipe, what's wrong with jubilee clips lol, cheers folks

• Like Like x 3
  15. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Good to know its fixed, :):)

Thanks for letting us know :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017