Newbie With Eml On Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by alan ramsay, Oct 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    and it was all going so well , all new plugs , coil stick , filter and oil,relay and rebuild , all done till tank , got the red pipe on ,the two little piupes and th electrical connector with just the white to white fuel feed left and i cannot g et it back in , i have tried and tried and then the little pipe fell off ! so i am left with the white pipe with four feet things and the connector , it just will not go , i have pulled the little silver pin back ,i have turned it but i cannot even see how it fits , help !!!

2. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    It's the fuel connector that won't go in, not the red one, the tank or I assume female part seems OK but the male part on the end of the rubber fuel pipe will not connect, the little pipe seems unattached, the one with four little legs that goes into the tank, it's like something fell off, I am climbing the wall on the this,#shouldhavewenttogaragetightsod

3. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    What a load of b******s, reset parameters! Don't make me laugh. Renew the coil& perhaps the affected plug , ensure connectors well & truly pressed on till you hear the click. That should be the end of that issue. You could test the relay or for what it costs just renew it. If no fix, then check fuses, wiring checks, check signal from engine coolant temp sensor, disconnect wiring to cooling fan & power up using a power probe to ensure fan is serviceable. If ok do t forget to reconnect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Need pictures of pipes you are referring to

5. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    Under the tank there are two fuel pipes not the vent pipes , in and out, both have connectors that enable tank removal , one has a red spot of paint on and it went back OK, the other one that will not go back has a little bit of plastic pipe that goes into the tank and the connector is similar to the other but the pipe is longer and slimmer, it will not reconnect for some reason, it's too dark to take a photo but I will try

6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Make sure you have the pipes in the correct places .......

7. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    I marked and taped them all as in took the tank off and the other pipes are all good thanks though, all help appreciated

8. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    A little bit of petroleum jelly (vas) should do the trick

9. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    I marked and taped them all as in took the tank off and the other pipes are all good thanks though, all help appreciated
    Here is the offending little bugger that's doing my head in, as you can see the red one is fine but this one is just not clicking in, the metal piece slides to lock but it just refuses to go back in place

IMG_20171030_195041.jpg

IMG_20171030_195108.jpg

IMG_20171030_195115.jpg

10. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Alaln, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks to me like the connector is broken. This is very common and the replacement ones are metal as a result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    The White connector looks broken, check the locking ring isn't stuck in the fitting in the tank

The Big lad just beat me to that

12. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    That looks broken to me, I think the white union on the pipe should have remained on the fuel pump assy

13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    We all think it's broken :weary_face:

14. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    I thought it was as well, so where on line do I get another and what's it called, thanks

15. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    • Like Like x 1
  16. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    • Like Like x 1
  17. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
    That's the fuel rail?

18. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. alan ramsay

alan ramsay Member

Oct 8, 2017
    forfar
  20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Looks like it should unscrew? Looking at the micro, I stand to be corrected. Whatever happens you are going to need one. Once you have it, it will all become clear :confused:

• Like Like x 1