Newbie #narnabanana

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mark Hughes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

But a disappointing end which right now I cant get my head round lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It will come good in the end.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Or you ll see a Daytona 650 up for sale at a lower price then normal hahahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Panic over, just remembered there is two fuse boxes on Daytona, bloody blown fuse and replaced and all is good in the world ... well the lights

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. ElectrAbigail

ElectrAbigail Someone to reMember

Aug 18, 2018
    Netherlands
    You had a very busy weekend! See you've got a lot of work to do, good luck with that and with all the help you can get here. Or just a good laugh can help you out as well.
    Welcome by the way. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thank you for the welcome, at some point I have to start a new thread ha ha but just keep the story going. The latest update is I got the rear led system working, so need to put that all back together tomorrow at some point. The nose cone broke again when fixing on and the gap between nose cone and upper fairing looks a little bigger then it done before so I will strip again, rebook and maybe do another fix.. hopefully whilst waiting for new parts i put her back together temporarily and have a blast as i miss riding ha ha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ElectrAbigail

ElectrAbigail Someone to reMember

Aug 18, 2018
    Netherlands
    I understand you miss the riding. But soon you will enjoy it all the more. Good luck with the cone, again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Mark, well late too but welcome! Hope you get all sorted soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

This is true.... the #narnabanana will be back once more

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks buddy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Mark if Rich can’t help with new parts to fix the top fairing have you considered plastic welding? I was unlucky whilst riding a VFR 750 some years ago when a sheep ran into my path. I hit it and damaged the side panel of the fairing and like yours all parts were still there with the crack lining up. Anyway, I found a chap near me who did plastic welding, I didn’t see it done, but the result on the inside at least looked very similar to normal metal welding and the repair was very strong. Obviously heat is involved and some painting of the area was required afterwards but once rubbed down, filled and sprayed it was perfect. Just another option to consider.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Its something I was considering, there is a couple advertised on Google I have emailed ... thanks again buddy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

She might be a little bash and bruised but the fairing is back on after completely stripping to do some mechanical and electrical repairs after the spill. She isn't looking her best but she is all together and she have some replacement parts soon etc... but it would be rude not to take her out for a test ride... plus they say if you fall off, get back in the saddle as soon as you can.... too be cont......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Mark and Welcome to the Forum, hope you get your bike fixed soon, it is annoying when you can't get parts for something which is hardly an old & ancient model.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

She was back on the road today, ok the fairing has battle scars but she is all good under the hood...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Can you spot the difference ? Hahha photo taken today before a hour or so test ride. Mechanically she was fine, responded how I expected her too etc and loved leaving the cars behind. The fairing patch up survived for about a hour before she gave up the ghost and snapped again so definitely need to spend more time on that and either fix or replace. Funny thing is you dont notice the battle scars when you are enjoying the ride .... Carpe diem

20190318_152322.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Maybe time to wrap up this thread as it's a long Newbie one.. so to end, I have included a few photos of the spill damage which on the face of it isn't bad and drove me to do some other little jobs on her. She still needs the nose cone replaced or repaired properly and the right up and lower fairing need attention but that's just money. The exhaust is just scuff marks and the replacement mirror and Indicator is done.. so is the electrical and mechanical... so thank you for the welcome and I'm sure I have more news via another thread .. but until then enjoy the post pictures and watch this space...

20190318_202155.jpg

20190318_202222.jpg

20190318_202244.jpg

20190318_202313.jpg

20190318_202332.jpg

20190318_202402.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

And so this thread ends...

*waving

IMG_0099.JPG