Newbie #narnabanana

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mark Hughes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

What a fantastic welcome to the forum, thank you all. I look forward to interacting, reading and posting in the future. Plenty to do with the Daytona but as stated early on, its repairs first. My current decision is due to the fact Triumph cant actually source the fairing I want or at least all the parts, do i go down the road of repairing myself including spraying, buy second hand parts when I can actually find them or buy overseas and have a copy cat version of my fairing.. these have not kept me up at night but filled my Google search bar over and over again ha ha ha .. happy for your thoughts or experiences if you like to throw your hat into the ring - always like a valued opinion

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hello Mark and welcome in to the Triumph Asylum - Nursie will be round soon with your 'meds'.

Sorry to hear about your little mishap but you sound the sort of bloke who can cope with the shit that life throws at you :p:p

Btw "Triumph Asylum" - you'll soon see why :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks buddy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks for the welcome, now I'm a little scared ha ha, do we have members rocking in the corners ha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You'll just have to wait & see - Muahahahahahahahahahh !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Good morning and welcome. You are in the right place for lots of good advice on anything Triumph here. Always be safe and enjoy the ride!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Looking forward to it

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, great looking bike. I have a special place in my heart for yellow bikes..
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks for the welcome, yes I too love a #narnabanana

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Mark Hughes.
    Welcome to the Family. Great looking Machine. Sounds like you don't need much help. Just enjoy the bike and keep us all posted.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks for the compliment but I kind of know my way around but we are always learning so expect questions at some point lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the madhouse you should fit right in.
    _20190125_235610.jpg _20181217_001202.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20190315_120732.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

#36 Mark Hughes, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
    So the work has begun and after 5 minutes with the bike this morning, I decided to tick off a list of bits I wanted to do at the same time. So first was remove all the fairing that was either damaged or in my way to do the other bits and now the repairs and work can commence. Head, upper and rear removed. I had a bad crack in the head, the upper fairing is ok to ride but I might have a go of touching the slight crack and marks. The wheel guard has a crack near the bolt. I left the lower fairing on for now as it's just marks. So the tick list - repair what I can on fairing parts, re do wiring joins on my led rear and indicators (plus replace one). Oil and coolant replacement (lost a load on both in spill). Check over engine parts where I can whilst fairing is off. Slight leak on one front fork so will have a clean up and use the fork tool to see if its dust plus give the garage a good clean up halfway through stripping ha ha. Oh the list goes on and on.. as you all know you see another job when you are fixing another lol hahahah added some pictures to bore you all... #narnabanana lives on

Glued the crack on the head fairing together and going to leave the night and see how it settles then if good will fill and sand and prep to spray and if all fails then it's a replacement and not waste anymore time lol

20190316_102221.jpg

20190316_103126.jpg

20190316_104015.jpg

20190316_104020.jpg

20190316_111026.jpg

IMG-20190316-WA0018.jpeg

20190316_223039.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome aboard Mark. Sorry to here about your spill and damage. Drop me a message (conversation envelope top right of page) with the parts and bits and pieces you need and I'll search the Triumph system for you. I can always put out a parts call across the entire UK dealer network just in case anyone has obsolete stuff still on stock.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Thanks I will be In touch

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Guest

Had a good day which ended up badly :-( so I fixed the front fork and all is good. I managed to get my head round my display and switched it to Miles / Celsius (stupid mistake before), topped up Coolant and checked oil. Rewired front indicator and replaced other indicator etc. Put back on upper fairing which I was reluctant but I was eager to get out soon rather wait for replacement and stuck head fairing back on which cracked so def need to replace Head fairing and likely do up right and maybe lower right. Set to, to put back fairing back on etc and rewire Led Brake lights etc and boom one minute it's working and next it's not, brake works but no running light but fronts working so tried a little more wire combinations and nothing so gave up for the day. Annoyed now... no frustrated is a better term... ahhh bikes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A very busy day mate......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1