Newbie From Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Eldon, Nov 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    The petrol volume proved itself to have been siphoned as the gauge said 51 miles range when in actual fact I would have said definitely less than 10 minutes running at idle.
    Apparently the gauge needs 5 minutes travelling or 5 miles, can't remember which, for it to find itself. I know this because a demo bike from A1Moto (not where I bought mine) was showing nothing yet had at least 3/4 tankful. I asked the sales guy and apparently after it has been on the computer the gauge fails to read until used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Martin Joseph Lowe

Martin Joseph Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Merseyside
    Hi,
    I still have newbie shine..also in Yorkshire but back and forth Northwest..great forum this..a gift that keeps on giving!!
    Did a Helmsley run yesterday (Yorkshire tt I think it’s said) but I pootled along..
    Safe riding ..
    M

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Eldon
    You're far to young to be riding that bike.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes lol, He has a Beta Evo so I'm sure the Triumph would be easy for him.

5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    He'll be showing his old man how its done.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Do you want a first ride and comparison report of yesterday or are you all fed up of them?

Spoke to the shop about the issues and apparently all bikes go out with at least 10 litres in the tank...... err not this one. They have said they will give me a full tank when I take it for service so fair enough.
    And the answer was, "we have to do the 600 mile service you can't do it yourself."

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Eldon
    To right we do. Didn't you know we are nosey beggars. I have always done my own bikes as far as oil filter brakes. I never had a problem either with Jack Lilleys or Bulldog.. Enjoy your bike. And like I said get the youngster teach you he looks fearless.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Fill ya boots, I like to read what others think of bikes I've had ...
    By the way the labour for first service is always free on new bike (I think the charge for the parts though) as long as it gets done by supplying dealer.
    Tyre pressures, go with whats in book and see how you feel, in warmer weather reduce pressures by a couple of lbs back and front, if you track day go for 30 psi in both (cold) to start.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1