Newbie From The Colorado Mountains

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rebecca Ashley, Aug 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rebecca Ashley

Rebecca Ashley New Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    Heya. Finally, after years of drooling, I've finally purchased a Scrambler. Thus far I am completely impressed with it's torque (maniacal laughter,) off road capabilities, and just overall performance. I cannot stay off the damn thing!! I am, however, looking to find a luggage system that works for the bike without it being too clunky. Used to have an '84 BMW R100GS with metal panniers, so i like to go on longer treks....a sleeker luggage system for the Scrambler would be quite helpful.

cheers!
    Rebecca

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Rebecca and welcome, someone with first hand Scrambler knowledge will probably show up shortly.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Rebecca and welcome

5. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Rebecca, welcome in ! Your previous motorcycle is much sought after here in SA and can fetch crazy prices. The more desirable model of course is the R80GS, it has cult status! Hope you enjoy the scrambler!

6. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from 'burning' California. Too many fires to count. But we'll get through it.
    You might look into Triumph 'left side' waxed pannier bag + a tank bag. And/or a luggage rack. Unfortunately the scrambler exhaust system doesn't work well for a right side bag. And probably not any aftermarket bags available. Plus aftermarket bags never look good in my opinion.
    Anyway, I used to live in Denver and loved to ride the Rockies. Just beautiful!
    Enjoy you new ride.

7. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Rebecca, here is what the Scrambler might look like w/ a left side bag and tank bag (Triumph OEM accessories). A luggage rack will not work with the stock seat. You would have to change to the same seat that the street twin uses in order for the rear luggage rack to fit properly on a Scrambler.
    upload_2018-8-2_8-8-32.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Rebecca and welcome to the forum :)

9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....
    Wessa

10. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
  11. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
  12. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    Yeah, it was hard for me to part with her...but not too terribly tough as I had eyes for someone else. :relieved: Those bikes are great bikes tho! had a good run.

13. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    Thanks a bunch! We've got fires here as well, not as many...however I have been waking up to the smell of smoke the past couple of mornings. Good times. Anyhee, I checked out those waxed pannier bags..the only thing that I didn't like about them is that they aren't very waterproof. As you know with riding in the mountains you never know what you are going to get with weather sometimes! Did you ever ride down to NM? Also great riding there with less people (which is always a plus.)

thanks again and good luck out there with all the fires!

14. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    Thanks! :grinning:

15. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    Thanks for the tip on the seat, i'll look more into that option. the dealership did mention that I can dismantle the passenger seat from the bike and add a rack of sorts there (I have not tried as of yet.) I've also found a few after market racks that compensate for the right exhaust (however it seems most of them are more for the older scramblers and may not work for the street scrambler. they also seem a bit bulky.) More research is to be had.

Many thanks again!

16. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I never did NM. I mostly rode the Colorado mountains. I only has a Kawasaki 454 LTD at that time. Was a fun bike but not really big enough for 'long' rides.

17. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you should fit right in. Too keep the inmates happy we will need photos of you're bike
    Hope it's BLACK
    _20180704_103251.jpg Tucker

18. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    It's matte army green and black. figure i should have some semblance of color amongst the sea of black.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180604_000515.jpg Tucker

20. Rebecca Ashley

Aug 2, 2018
    Colorado mountains
    picture will be posted once the silver parts are replaced with matte black bits. On the the hunt for black headlight mounts.

• Like Like x 1