Newbie Cumbria

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by 675RSDH, Jun 11, 2016.

1. 675RSDH

675RSDH Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Cumbria
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thats what littleade said when he gets his XL t shirt , sorry ....dress .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    by the way Sy, we are all meeting up in Aug if your intersted check the grand meet thread or im sure we can give you details if your interested ,

• Like Like x 1
  4. 675RSDH

675RSDH Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Cumbria
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Only when im eating ade :D but dont pamper me

• Like Like x 2
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Can you pass on the details to Sy, his in :D:D

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Sy - lovely bike you have there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    "This is my first bike and I know I'm not Michael Dunlop"

Bloody hell, this got me thinking bout my age... When I started that phrase would've had the name Kevin schwantz in it! How the years roll by....

Welcome in. Enjoy that lovely bike. One of the few trumpets I haven't owned!

Atb

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #30 Havit, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    I remember back my early bike days a group of us were coming back from Brands hatch after watching some fantastic clubmans racing . It was in the day of RDs and X7 s and the smell of castrol R .We all thought we were on the track On the way home and were riding like mad men. A couple of the lads had 250 s we younsters had 125 s mine being a GT 125. Anyway one of the lads was very fast we could never keep up with him. He was on a X7 and went on to track race later in his biking life. On this day a copper see him and gave chase, my friend see the blue lights and thought i will out run him. Madness i know but we were young and foolish. But anyway to cut along story short he was finaly caught after getting caught up in traffic. The copper grabed him and said who the feck do you think you are Barry Sheene? In which he replied your joking i left him at the last roundabout! . He said the coppers face went from being Mad to a chuckle .It didnt do him any good he was well nicked.But the copper was shaking his head and telling his plod mates when the back up finaly caught up . He got a ban but he said it was worth it for the look on the coppers face. Im sure it wasnt.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 675RSDH

675RSDH Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Cumbria
    @Wayne Taylor . Good story that :)
    I tend not to go out on the bike on my own . I go out with my cousin who has 20 years biking experience . His like my personal tutor. I sometimes follow him and he shows me road positioning turning in etc. I know some people might slate me for having a 675R as my first bike but I look at it like this. I'm the one who controls my right hand and to be fair I'm doing a good job so far.... I know this bike is far better than my talent plus I don't want to hurt myself. I have alpinestar leathers. Alpinestar tech R boots. Alpinestar gp pro gloves and a bell M6 carbon helmet. I've tried not to scrimp on my gear or the bike ... Safety first .....

Sy

• Like Like x 3
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You sound like your not a simple simone but a sensible one. :D
    I dont know your age but it sounds like the nut between the seat and handlebars is Good. Keep going as you are SY, be confident and always expect the unexpected. Your be fine. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. 675RSDH

675RSDH Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Cumbria
    @Wayne Taylor .. I'm 36 I'm also running the engine in to the triumph spec. For the first 100 miles the bike didn't go over 5K. Then up to the first service below 7K. Since the oil was changed the bike pulls better and sounds better to. The dealer told me I can now take the bike into redline in short bursts but it's never seen redline lol... The engine still feels tight so I will just ride it how I have been...
    Looking forward to my new exhaust coming

Sy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Ride the bike at what you feel comfortable with. Even when your with other bikers its easy to get carried away and try to keep up. I have done it when i was younger and not experienced enough and neary crashed . As you say. Your in charge of your right hand. As time goes on your know your own limits thats as important as the bikes .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Hi Sy, welcome to the playground. Nice looking bike, not my style, I'm much too old for such things, but who gives a XXXX.:)
    Nice to have another member from Cumbria on here, even though I'm really a Lancashire expat, where about's are you based? BTW, I'm near on the west coast so 'technically' not in the Lakes. :)
    There's loads of witty banter round and about but it's all good natured, and as they say "if you can't take a joke don't join".

• Like Like x 1
  16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi SY and welcome to the Triumph Asylum - beautiful bike that and an excellent first bike. You sound like you've got your head on straight so just keep thinking and riding.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 675RSDH

675RSDH Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Cumbria
    @Sceptic Al . Hi I'm in Workington.dont worry I can rip the Pi88 as much as the next person .

18. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    How very dare you Sy leave that to the elder members please, where's Biglad, Peter Clarke and Sceptic Al when ya need them !!!! ooops sorry didnt realise the time horlicks was hours ago ... lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Zzzzzzzzz fart zzzzzzz

• Like Like x 2
  20. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Wayne - I used to have a mate that drank double whiskeys non stop all night with a Horlicks chaser,
    By the time he came round - he was always fast asleep !!!! :p:p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 2