Featured New Year. New Ride. New Outlook.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Sandi T, Jan 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I agree on all counts, @Iron. I'm not keen on that number plate mounted on the back, and it's even worse with that light pooching out over the top of the plate. I'm definitely not a fan of the white on the Fat Boy, either. And yikes! I just did the conversion on £18k to U.S. dollars and it's $24,359! That's $4K over the MSRP on a 2022 Fat Boy! :eek::p Well, somebody someday just might see it and have to have it. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    That's the prices of bikes over here. If we had the same prices that you have I'd have twice the number of bikes that I've got now.

It's really annoying that vintage Triumphs in the US are half the price that they are fetching here - and, and...our petrol is about 4 times as much as yours. How can you afford so many gunboats and tanks? There's a bloody fiddle somewhere....:expressionless:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, with our inflation in the U.S. the highest it has been in 40 years, we may not be far behind you, Iron. I guess the reason we can afford so many gunboats and tanks is that our taxes seem to pay more for defense than education. Or for repairing and updating crumbling infrastructure like roads. (Full disclosure: I work in the public education system. And you know why roads are near and dear to my heart.)

• Useful Useful x 1