New To The Forum

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by jord001, Dec 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jord001

jord001 Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Birmingham England
    #21 jord001, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Yes I'm from Birmingham, the Black Country is a totally different place but not far away. I got lost once on the way back from Bradford ( no satnavs or smartphones) and ended up in Holmsfirth, had a stop at the Postcard before I bumbled my way home.. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lee
    All you peeps seem to be kitchen fitting lately. Yes the tiger cub was something else. Not all that expensive to pick up if you can find one. Yes I imagine the sl parts will be a beggar to find. Is there a sl / xl or cg club or forum.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jord001

jord001 Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Birmingham England
    Only kitchen fitting to save money and know that a good job has been done, no shortcuts etc.. Also had to make a room and fit a downstairs loo.. That was another cupboard full of stuff that's up the garage!

Now back to bikes, There's not a specific forum for the old Honda's but there's a few that cover the cb, xl, sl. I got the main parts I needed that are like finding hen's teeth, I just have to get it stripped and restored, just time to do it is the sticking point.
    There are a few parts i need for the CB50j that are even harder to find, but I got my eye on a few parts stores online. I plan on making some of the body work that have vanished whilst in storage and being moved about over the years. I'm also looking at 3d printing a couple of the plastic parts.. Its things like side panels and exhausts that are really hard to get.
    I do have a look for old British bikes especially the Tiger Cub and BSA Bantams but like you said they rarely appear. I also need to save up a bit too to pay for one. I doubt if they will be cheap. It's great looking though. When I get chance I pop in the garage a have a tinker. Its nice to have the skills to be able to make and repair stuff.
    Sadly skills are being lost as the young'uns ain't very interested.
    My oldest grandson is into cars which is a start and is learning engineering and i'm working on my youngest grandson who's 8, he likes to sit on the bike :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lee
    Got to agree with you on all. I have two grown lads the eldest will and does take his 675's and strip and rebuild and rewire in an evening and have ready for track the next day. The other would rather go and buy new or get someone to repair it for him. But you will get there doesn't mater about time it will get done properly.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Welcome aboard Lee, hope you'll enjoy the forum, great stable you have there and lots to keep you busy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jord001

jord001 Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Birmingham England
    Thanks everyone for all the warm greetings and already I feel part of the forum. You don't get may good ones. I am lucky enough to be part of an Airbrushing forum which is the best I've ever been on and this one has the same feel. I hope I can give back to the forum at some point.

Lee

• Like Like x 7
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Speak for yourself the rest of us are still in infant stage. Poor little Lee says good ones. Wait till he gets the bill for the JD and Bushmills. He will be on the ward with the rest of us waiting for meds.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jord001

jord001 Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Birmingham England
    Ahh 8 you say, I should fit in quite nicely then not acting my shoe size yet. JD gives me a bad head so I will stick with Vodka medicine

Lee

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lee.
    You won't get Dozers Dad on side with Vodka. He is the Bushmills Chief Tester. But on a serious note you won't find better people anywhere else. I name Dozers Dad just as a example. He is one of the truest brothers I have ever had the pleasure to talk to. And that goes for at least 99% of the inmates on here.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Lee and welcome to a great forum !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1