New T120. Seeking Opinions On Intended Performance Adds.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by MrELB, Jun 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tbatti99

tbatti99 New Member

Jan 19, 2019
    USA
    I have a 2017 Triumph Bonneville T120 with a stock seat modified by Mean City Cycles in North Carolina. www.meancitycycles.com They work off of the original seat pan and cover cutting out some of the foam and adding in "memory Foam". Then reinstalling the original cover. I'm very happy with the work that they did. Has definitely extended my riding time and it's much more comfortable. I went with the double decker modification, which raised up the riding position 1/2 inch and reshaped the seat with the 2 layers of memory foam. Cost was $185 plus return shipping. There was a 6 week wait time before I could get an appointment to have the work done.

2. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    I've done the following on my '19 bike.
    Replaced the front springs with TEC progressives. BIG difference, I could feel the improvement straight away.
    Replaced the rear shocks with TEC ones. More subtle difference when solo but much better when carrying a pillion.
    Removed the cat and replaced with a cross-pipe, TEC again. Less stutter at lower revs and a nice deeper sound.

All the above were done straight after collecting the bike as I'd had an earlier T120 and knew how much better they made the bike. The latest bike has less hesitation on the throttle so I'm holding off getting a Booster Plug (which I'd had on the previous bike).

Fitted a Puig taller screen and that's reduced the buffeting enough to be acceptable up to motorway speeds.

R

3. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Also fit remus end cans, get nicer sound and easy access to the rear spindle.