Scrambler New Street Scrambler Compared To ‘old’ Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by cliverdee, Jun 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    I changed my ‘Old’ Street Scrambler for the New Street Scrambler a month ago and still think I can tell the difference. I went for a test run just to see if there was a noticeable improvement and was impressed enough to lay out the cash. The power increase makes quite a difference, the front brake is a lot better and the fuel economy is giving an extra average 6mpg..72 up to 78 per UK gallon. Can’t say I notice an improvement in the front forks and I’ve not tried using the rider modes apart from ‘road’ . I was able to get the majority of my accessories swapped over from my old bike so that kept the ‘price to change’ down so I’m happy. As I really liked the rider position, ease of handling and the 900 motor on my old Street Scrambler I got over not actually having the fun of a totally different bike to take home. Hope useful for anyone wondering about whether the difference is worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1