New Speed Triple For 2018?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by waynecoluk, Sep 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
  2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I had to double-take after opening that link - after wondering why on earth you would carry one of those (unless you were going to vibrate the thug to death).

Then I realised it was a baton :eek::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Totally illegal I know, but I've lost one bike........ they are not getting another!:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Got to imagine there's a new lighter frame in development for the future.

5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I just might carry a dildo with me, A its not an offensive weapon, B the look on there face as you pull it out with a big smile on yer face :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Awesome idea. If I were the thief, I wouldn't hang about waiting to find out what happens next o_O

Maybe Triumph will add a branded one to the accessories list (in matt black or gloss white of course).

7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Don't see what's illegal about carrying a walking stick.

8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I know that cars with keyless ignition (some, if not all) can be started once the scrotes gain access to the obd socket (I assume some form of electronic gadget/program is used).
    I wonder if that's the case with bikes. :scream:

9. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Least got confirmation yesterday on a expected arrival for the new bikes here in SA and it would seem May 2018. No S model on the 1050 for now only the RS. Not sure what's up with that. I put my name down as intererested, can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chester Monty

Chester Monty Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Chester
    #129 Chester Monty, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Has anybody ordered or made enquiries, what have you been offered against the RS? I was offered £7200 (if I left extras on, tail tidy, mirrors & crash protection) for my 2016 s with 5.5k miles, they also said they would do 10% of any addons. I was a bit underwhelmed so wil bit looking else where i think!

11. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Trouble is you're part ex-ing on a bike that is getting close to being sold out for a couple of months before it's been released and it will make yours harder to sell as people like you and me want the new model, not the old one.

My part ex wasn't great, I managed to get a slightly better deal because I've bought so many bikes from the dealer, but still not great.
    You'll always take a hit if you don't want to sell privately.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #131 MrTriple, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    My part-exchange figure was higher (but then it's an R with 3.6K miles) but it still made me wince.

We agreed that I would attempt to sell privately if I could - and after listing it on this forum, eBay and Autotrader on Thursday evening, it sold on Saturday morning (through Autotrader - the first and only call).

Don't be 'greedy' with your selling price (without wishing to push prices down). I took a deposit by bank transfer without the buyer having seen it, and he's due to collect in an hour or so (fingers crossed). We're both clear that there's no test ride and hopefully all will work out. So far it's been a brilliant experience.

My RS should arrive 2nd week of April and I've enough extra cash for all the extras I want (quick-shifter, alarm, slim LED indicators, carbon tank sides, tank pad) and maybe a year's insurance too :laughing:

Edit: Transaction completed...money in the bank...watched it ride away.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    There were a couple of dealers selling the last of the R's on demo for £10k with the Arrow cans on. Basically brand new bikes so the second hand ones will be a lot lower. They will rise again once all of the existing ones are sold.

14. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    In the couple of weeks before the RS was announced I was found a couple of pre-registered 1050Rs for sale at dealers for around £10.5k -£11k. I think dealers are going struggle to sell left over 2017 models when you can have the new 1050S for £11,300.....

15. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I hadn't heard about these until receiving a Triumph email just now - 2017 MY Dark R eh?

Great if you're unsure about which colour you like :p

Screenshot 2018-03-23 at 17.36.46.png

16. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    They've had one in my local dealers for weeks now, but they've only just started promoting them.
    Another one where it would have been great in a metallic gloss finish....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    As time passes, with my matt graphite R feeling like it's long gone now...the more I'm looking forward to glossy paint.

I can't say that there's anything that I like about the red/black colour scheme...maybe it's more striking in the flesh :confused:

Edit: Surely they could have fitted black radiator cowls. Sorry, I don't mean to be so picky :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I see, on Faceache, the RS is in the showrooms in France and Switzerland

19. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Black RS arrived at Jack Lilley in Romford this morning - test rides should be available for middle of next week.