New Sound Box For My Garage.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Sep 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well peeps my old sound box finally died. So I have gone from well hi fi to separates as they came up at a good deal second hand of course. I looked at it for a week then today decided to try and make something work. The chap gave me what he said was an optical cable from disc to amp and that was easy. The sub woofer I can get playing but it is capable of taking four speakers which I can't get working. That will be a question is it possible to get them to play. The amp takes two front speakers two surround speakers and one mid speaker. When I attach the mid it goes into protection mode. As do the surround speakers alought I was trying 300watts for the surround sound. So all you eggheads tell me what to do so I can blow all the neighbours roofs off only joking. But I do love my sounds and like the sound all around me. My best speaker I have from the old system is all crackly on this new on. But then it is ancient just like me so probably need to join the hi fi in hi IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0010.JPG fi heaven.

• Like Like x 3
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Feckin hell :eek:

I’ve got an old DAB radio :confused:

Planet Rock :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf.
    This thing has a radio as well on the amp that has to be digital as you have to search. But I like my country and my rock so prefer the disc player.
    Regards
    Joe.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused:Amp ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf
    Nothing to do with my battery either. I'm learning slowly very slowly. If I keep on like this I will become modern soon. Even took pictures with my phone. That's a first.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Duckadiledundee
    But I bet you are a great singer. Wireless is old school. The young whipper snappers would look at you blankly if you called their stereo's and iPod's a wireless. Can you imagine walking around with a wireless on your shoulder.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Its obviously got overload protection so i would guess its also got auto polarity switching...it may have a selector in the menu that set the speaker resistance so make sure its set to the highest setting other than that all i can think of is there is a short in one of your speakers...or its blown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tricky-Dicky.
    Yes you nailed it. I was using a speaker for front and apparently it has to be a front speaker to work. Got it all up and running now. Yes there is an overload button / knob I have set it half way.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Got all my separates out in the garage too. Still sounds brilliant after nearly 20 years. Way better than the compressed shit from MP3 files.

• Agree Agree x 3