Featured Thruxton New Sat Nav Ready To Go - Beeline Moto

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by MattGaydon, Jan 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Popped the Beeline Moto on yesterday ready to try it out once we’re out of lockdown!!!

568CDA04-87FB-4397-895E-F6273EAF08DC.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Been looking at this and interested in your thoughts on battery life (on your phone) as most apps drain battery quickly.
    Ideal for my countryside bimbles around by the looks of it!

3. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Will post some thoughts once I get out and try it! Not sure I can whilst we’re in lockdown as it’s not a great excuse to go out!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ObiCor

ObiCor Member

Dec 20, 2020
    NC, USA
    I'll be using the connectivity system on my coming Trident, but I have been very interested in the Beeline--it would have been my next choice if the Trident didn't have the option. I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Um, I think you might be a little busy with the little one for awhile, Matt. Good "excuse" to stay in! ;)

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Had mine for over a year now and can recommend it as a no fuss, easy to use device. It doesn't seem to drain the phone battery as much as just using Google maps.
    Looked neat on the Bonnie and looks equally right on the Rninet.
    Great for rideouts, especially on the direct route mode. Not sure I'd be too confident in an unfamiliar city environment with it, but it's probably not really designed for that any way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I looked at this a few days ago after seeing an ad on youtube. Have to say, it seems quite expensive, and for that price I will still use my phone, or even a cheap sat nav from ebay. But I do like the small size and simple turn instructions. I understand the new Royal Enfield 350 comes with something similar as standard equipment - well done RE!

• Like Like x 1
  9. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Damit! Couldn't get past "hey kids" again :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Per Cognoscenti

Per Cognoscenti New Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Oxon
    I did around 10K last year with beeline, great piece of kit. It does impact the phone battery but it’s own battery life is really good. I had an issue with mine that the spring in power button failed but beeline swapped it out no questions asked. I no longer use it has I have the MyTriumph BT module which is similar I feel. I wanted one less thing in the bars, which was the only reason I changed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Per Cognoscenti

Per Cognoscenti New Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Oxon
    I did around 10K last year with beeline, great piece of kit. It does impact the phone battery but it’s own battery life is really good. I had an issue with mine that the spring in power button failed but beeline swapped it out no questions asked. I no longer use it has I have the MyTriumph BT module which is similar I feel. I wanted one less thing on the bars, which was the only reason I changed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Steamerblue

Steamerblue Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2019
    exeter
    I bought one recently and use Memory Map to plot a route and then download to the phone as a gpx file. So far so good, it's a bit small but does everything I want and probably much more, especially as I ride trails on various bikes and this is easy-peasy to swap from bike to bike.

Just need to get out and try it some more.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dana Pellerin

Dana Pellerin Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Fresno, CA
    You guys may know this already, but you can download the app for free and then use the built in navigation which looks like the beeline hardware. I don't think it has all the features (I didn't see the trip duration graphic), but it's a cool way to kind of test the waters before you drop a bunch of cash on the device itself. I tried it out this weekend and it was pretty cool.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Eddie17

Eddie17 Member

Oct 10, 2019
    Glasgow
    I just bought one and got it Tuesday . It looks a good wee tool for navigating and cant wait to try it out. I did take a wrong turning last summer and ended up miles out..... so the Beeline Moto just perfect for me ..I hope

• Like Like x 3
  16. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Where are you going to mount yours?? Let me know how you get on with it!! Haven’t been out to try mine yet what with lockdowns etc...!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eddie17

Eddie17 Member

Oct 10, 2019
    Glasgow
    I have a T100 and it fits well in middle of handle bar .Same as you regarding getting out . Will let you know how I get on .
    Cheers
    Eddie

IMG_20210117_114711.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Thanks whoever used the link...! Just ordered my free accessory!!

The link still works if anyone else fancies it haha!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Got my MOT/service booked for tomorrow so I’ve accidentally put a route on the Beeline to try it out!

• Like Like x 2
  20. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    So first impressions...

I picked the bike up this morning at 8am...it was -2c out and the roads were icy and crap!!

It was actually a tough ride and not a great one to be testing the beeline out but hey ho!

I planned a 20 mile route home and had it set to the route option (blow by blow instructions).

It definitely takes some getting used to but once you know what you’re looking at it’s really good.

I def missed one or two turns but once I’d been going for a little while I got used to it.

I stopped halfway to switch to the other mode which just points you in the direction of your destination but gives you no directions.

Them at was good too although I knew the roads I was in so not sure how I’d get on if I didn’t know where I was.

I love how small and compact it is and once I got used to the display found it really good. It’s def too much money for it but I’m looking forward to using it some more once lockdown is over!!

• Like Like x 3
  21. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I guess it’s because the others are metal finishes. If you don’t want to spend the extra you just have to make do them the black one...I was more than happy with the black, looks smart to me!

• Like Like x 1