New Police Tactic

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Eastbournemark, Nov 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    shoplifter-meets-a-marine.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 6
  2. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    And that my friends, is called ‘community policing at its best’.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #104 Sprinter, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018

I just saw that when I checked , just now, how did I miss that . Rest in Peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    My son is a policeman and you can't help but worry when he goes to work especially on the night shift when all the scum bags are on the streets

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Doh. Walked into that one:laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

This is a copy of an email purportedly sent to a D Abbott by a serving officer -

The officer, who’s name is deleted, draws Ms Abbott’s attention to Section 3 of the Criminal Law act 1967 which states: ‘A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large’, effectively putting to bed her comment that the police are not above the law.

Is it just me or should the Shadow Home Secretary, who's job is to scrutinise government policy on home affairs including policing and the criminal justice system, already know this??

Anyhow, here’s the email transcript in full:

Dear Ms Abbott,

I hope you are able to read this email yourself as I think it’s something that may assist you, and more importantly the Labour Party.

I wish to discuss your social media comment which has been quoted as “Knocking people off bikes is potentially very dangerous. It shouldn’t be legal for anyone. Police are not above the law”

I wish to address your unconsidered remarks.

1. Agreed. Knocking people off of bikes is potentially very dangerous. That risk is balanced off of the strength and evidence of what these thugs have done. Having worked in a busy London Borough as a Response Officer I feel more knowledgeable than you in regard to my job. These people, usually gang members steal these mopeds and motor bikes. They then go on to perform many awful and serious crimes on these stolen bikes. The vehicles will not be insured, the riders will not have the correct licence to ride them and also have NO regard for the safety of those whom they terrorise on a daily basis. If stopping them leads to potential danger, then I believe this is a worthwhile pursuit. Stop for Police when requested to do so and you won’t be nudged off by the Police. It’s really that simple.

2. “It shouldn’t be legal for anyone” I would like to bring to your attention To Common Law Powers which include Section 3 of the Criminal Law act 1967. This enables ANY person to use such force as is necessary in arresting or assisting the arrest of a criminal. Despite your best wishes it is legal for EVERYONE.

3. “Police are not above the law” Erm… well this is awkward seeing as you’re the current Shadow Home Secretary. Police Officers actually ARE above some laws. We have exemptions to do things which non-warranted members of the public are unable to do. This includes driving at over the speed limit, using blue lights on a vehicle, using a hand-held mobile device while driving, not wearing a seat belt, driving through red lights, arresting people, using Section 117 PACE to use powers which are all above what’s known as ‘Law’ to other people. We have powers that mean we can look into and down load mobile phones. We can enter someone’s house without permission and not be breaking the law. Police ARE above the law. Not all of them but we do have powers above non-warranted civilians. Oh, and let’s not forget we can park on yellow lines. In fact, we can block and close a whole motorway if we deem it necessary.

Your anti Police rhetoric has gone on for decades. I recently emailed Mr Corbyn stating that your current role as Shadow Home Secretary is putting a lot of Police Officers at odds of voting for labour in the upcoming election. I received a reply which must have been for someone else as in true politicians’ style it’s appeared to answer someone else’s question and not the one I posed.

You appear to be ignorant to the role of Police Officer and don’t seem to have any wish, professionally or personally to seek out advice from Police Officers before fixing your colours to the mast.

Us Police Officers have worked VERY hard over this last decade with a pay cut in real terms. Our numbers have been slashed and we now carry a heavier burden than ever before. We are proud people. We save lives. We also change lives. We shape our communities by locking up dangerous criminals. We do this because we care. A criminal on a moped? Oh, we will love taking them off of the streets and locking them up. The public are safer and much better off if we are allowed to do our jobs.

If you don’t like the Police (and I have so much evidence that you are anti Police) then become the change you would like to see. Become a special Constable or a PCSO and see how the other half live.

Just stop with the hatred. We don’t need to be battered by the current Home Secretary AND the Shadow Home Secretary.

Yours,

PC ‘name removed’

Seems fair enough.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Nicely done, I do hope it's true.

I'm not qualified to be political but continue to be amazed at the lack of intelligence in the Labour party, Corbin has the best possible chance ANY Labour leader has had in decades to win the vote given the pickle Mrs May's in, heaven help us if he did get into power with the likes of his old shag Diane at his side. She reminds me of a doddery old Geography teacher I had back in the 70's, who was also a total fuckwit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    • Like Like x 8
  11. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Justice at its best. Hope they lost limbs. Fantastic.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Englishbandit

Englishbandit Active Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Huddersfield
    reverse over the fuckers as well. then piss on them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bikerman.
    Sorry I got carried away. Moment of weakness. Now I may start thinking like your suggestion. We could get Mr Plod to stop and reverse over them.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1