Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by hideout1195, Apr 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    did this when you said to so maybe you missed my post
    was some pita to search for could not find it easy
    not sure if these are still for sale but don't think so
    yours looks like the one I seen new in the picture
    where is your for sale can I see it there or put pictures up here

2. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    I will post some pictures tomorrow of my trailer. What part of New York are you from?

3. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Long Island we are close
    if it is good and I like it I can ride over on my R3R and see it in 1 hour any day not much traffic now
    how much these go for used I looked but cant see any

4. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    The company who made these trailers,Diamondback, are no longer in business. It is unfortunate because the design and ease of use was great for a small trailer. Brand new, several years ago, these trailers sold for $2,200. I bought mine used 4 years ago off a private party in New Jersey for $1,200. I just spent $400 for all new lighting/wiring, new welded inside wheel skirts, and new wheel bearings from Little Diamond trailer repair in Howell,NJ(google them) real nice people. I am not looking to rape anyone with the price. I would let it go for $800 since I just put $400 into it. When you do find these on the internet they go for anywhere from $600- $1,100 depending on condition and age.The tires are trailer tires purchased from etrailer.com 2yrs ago they are basically brand new around 1,000 miles on them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    #45 Triumph1, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Waiting for pictures but sounds nice
    Why all the work on this trailer if you got it 4 years and used it the past few Thanks
    Oh why new bearings how old is the trailer thanks

6. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    The trailer is a 2006. Previously I stated that these Diamondback trailers were made until 2012. So during the 4yrs that I have owned it the only thing that I change where the tires. I do most of my riding up in Pa. were I have a vacation home which is !!5 miles from Staten Island. The trailer was used for that purpose to get me and my wife from Staten Island to Pa. Last summer while traveling to Pa. with the trailer and my, at the time 2014 Rocket, one of the inner fender/wheel skirts broke off scrapping on the ground. The skirt is welded on in about 5 or 6 places two of the welds broke and it was hitting the ground. I had to knock it off with a hammer in order to continue my trip into Pa. The next day, this happened at 9 pm at night, I removed the other wheel skirt on the other side of the trailer. I was afraid that when I traveled back to Staten Island that side might have some broken welds and fall off. So for precaution I removed the other good wheel skirt, I didn't want to have the same thing happen to me on route 80 with all that traffic with a piece of metal jumping down the highway. So when the skirt broke the night before it cut the trailers wiring for the signals. That's why I had Little Diamond trailers from Howell,NJ weld two new wheel skirts, rewire the trailer lights, and change the wheel bearings which he suggested. The trailer is really very simply made. The frame is powder coated steel on top of a diamond plate aluminum bed and a torsion axle suspension that's it. It's lightweight, easy to move around, and the aluminum body will never rust. It is a nice trailer for 1 bike and is rated to hold up to a full Honda Goldwing.There is a youtube video showing a guy loading his wing on a Diamondback trailer.Google Honda Goldwing loaded on a diamondback trailer. So being a 2006 the welds lasted all that time. The bearings need to be greased on any trailer and changed depending on the amount of miles it is used. So all of that was done and this trailer should be good for a while now. Hope this helps.

IMG_0448 (2).JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0448 (2).JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

7. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    The trailer is a 2006. Previously I stated that these Diamondback trailers were made until 2012. So during the 4yrs that I have owned it the only thing that I change where the tires. I do most of my riding up in Pa. were I have a vacation home which is !!5 miles from Staten Island. The trailer was used for that purpose to get me and my wife from Staten Island to Pa. Last summer while traveling to Pa. with the trailer and my, at the time 2014 Rocket, one of the inner fender/wheel skirts broke off scrapping on the ground. The skirt is welded on in about 5 or 6 places two of the welds broke and it was hitting the ground. I had to knock it off with a hammer in order to continue my trip into Pa. The next day, this happened at 9 pm at night, I removed the other wheel skirt on the other side of the trailer. I was afraid that when I traveled back to Staten Island that side might have some broken welds and fall off. So for precaution I removed the other good wheel skirt, I didn't want to have the same thing happen to me on route 80 with all that traffic with a piece of metal jumping down the highway. So when the skirt broke the night before it cut the trailers wiring for the signals. That's why I had Little Diamond trailers from Howell,NJ weld two new wheel skirts, rewire the trailer lights, and change the wheel bearings which he suggested. The trailer is really very simply made. The frame is powder coated steel on top of a diamond plate aluminum bed and a torsion axle suspension that's it. It's lightweight, easy to move around, and the aluminum body will never rust. It is a nice trailer for 1 bike and is rated to hold up to a full Honda Goldwing.There is a youtube video showing a guy loading his wing on a Diamondback trailer.Google Honda Goldwing loaded on a diamondback trailer. So being a 2006 the welds lasted all that time. The bearings need to be greased on any trailer and changed depending on the amount of miles it is used. So all of that was done and this trailer should be good for a while now. Hope this helps.

IMG_0448 (2).JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

8. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    I see the pictures. Also saw on the web this was 1895 new but cant get it anymore and nothing about powder coated frame you sure. What is the wheel chock. Is it removable adjustable. Did you put your TRF in it. Does it fit right. Because the from wheel and tire spec are basically the same as my R3R. Thanks
    Why are the fender far from the trailer.

9. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    The wheel chock is Condor but had to be modified to fit my 2014 Rocket Roadster. Because of the tire channel which runs the length of the diamond plate body from front to back. Your tires ride along this channel when loading. So the Condor wheel chock I purchased has 3 components : the cradle attached to a tray which sits on the bed/floor, and the vertical post/v-nose that the front tire rides into. Because of that channel, that the tire rides into, when loading the bike the tray couldn't be mounted. So my friends father, a metal fabricator, didn't use the tray but mounted the cradle into the channel where the tires drive along. He then made me a custom piece u-shaped metal mounted on the inside front part of the trailer for the front wheel to ride into. Haven't put the TFC into it but the same size tires on the TFC as was on my old Rocket. It is not adjustable because it was modified
    The fenders are stock, as you can see from pictures on the internet, I assume that they are mounted that way to give one a little more leg room when loading. You can see that it is a narrow width. If those fenders were attached to the side of the bed it would have been all most impossible to load just not enough room and know where to put your feet down.
    I did read somewhere that that frame was power coated. But the frame is steel and painted black.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    You paid 1200 and 400 so 1600 total now when new it was 1895 back then and you want 800. It is 14 yers old. What is the all condition on a 1 to 10. Any rust on the frame. I see the rings and bolts are rusted. Any wiggle room..
    Thanks

11. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    Let me update my remarks on the fender. Went back and looked at stock photos and the fenders were NOT that far apart. It was 4 years ago, sorry that was my recollection. But remember my friends father when he modified the Condor chock for me also bumped out the fenders for me to give me a little more room. I am 6'2 275ibs.

12. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    I asked it didn't look like that on the web. Lots of rigging on it.
    6 feet 200 pound dude here. Seems it can only be used with the right wheel size for the chock if its not movable. Will my old ladys sportster work. Thanks. You see my reply on top of yours.

13. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    Don't know would have to try it. The chocks that have adjustments actually push the rear tire into the front vertical post. If it doesn't the chock has to be changed. There are many chocks out there some not that expensive. Want to here something funny? The ironhorse enclosed trailer I bought for the new Rocket TFC doesn't hold the bike. And I sent them the size of my front tire before I purchased it. Bought it from Tennessee and had it delivered. They may refund me for the chock,$200, if they do not come up with a solution. Not to worried it's a chock like my old trailer just a matter of getting the right one. When I purchased the Diamondback I knew I had to switch out the chock but it was a nice lightweight trailer and it served me well. But, again, after spending all together $32,000 after all said and done I wanted an enclosed trailer for this expensive bike.

14. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    I know about your chock from your other post. I asked about it. It is not good being it is so expensive and you said the bike. Did you see my post #55 about the condition and other stuff. Would your friend with the fabricating place mount a movable chock so mine and the old lady's can go on it. Thanks

15. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    No, my friends father is retired and 73yrs old. Didn't say he had a shop but was a metal worker/welder all his life. He helped me out 4 years ago but I wouldn't want to impose on him now. Anyone who buys the trailer will have to change out the chock if they need be it's not a big deal to mount a chock. The main point is that it a solid single bike trailer for under $1000. New Aluma single aluminum bed trailers are $2,400 and up depending on options. And because of my friend's fathers age is why I didn't ask him to fix the wheel skirt which fell off and had Little Diamond trailers fix it.

16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

17. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Thought you man had a place I could do business with to install something removable. Dude I looked at the aluma after you said and its apples to oranges forget price lol. What is the all condition on 1 to 10 any rust. Dude I ride with told me your trailer has a shock in front I didn't notice what is it like on 1 to 10. Hope you and everyone were riding today great day and tomorrow. This bike is a beast hit 140 like nobodys business easy and she holds good and wants to go more. Thanks

18. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Hideout and welcome to the forum :cool: Great intro and bike history

• Like Like x 1
  19. hideout1195

hideout1195 New Member

Apr 27, 2020
    staten island ny
    The trailer is in very good shape for a 2006. As I told you the body is Diamond Plate aluminum which can't rust. The frame under the body is steel could be repainted if you want it perfect but not necessary. The body tilts up slightly and is held in place by a small metal bar which is vertical between the frame and the body. When the front wheel goes into the chock the choke strikes the small metal bar allowing it to start moving down until flat. You then can get off the bike and strap it down to the rings attached to the body. The two shocks on the front is what allows the bed to lower slowly and not slam down. That's how it works. Told you in an earlier post google honda goldwing loaded on a diamondback trailer to see a video on how it works.

20. Triumph1

Triumph1 New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    NY
    Did forget to goggle the video and had to miss you saying all the rest. Just saw the video. Dude that was awesome how it works and looks real easy so even my old lady can do it. Need to see it before anything whats your days like. I'm one hour away so I can make it even faster. Any wiggle room o the cost. Looked at the iron horse big dollars which one did you get. Thanks