New member waiting for 2016 Speed Triple R delivery

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Fazerboy, May 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Gorgeous. I too prefer the bar end mirrors.

2. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Was very glad of my traction control today...

Launched fairly hard from a standstill at traffic lights and the rear went slightly sideways and then for the first time ever I felt traction control kick in and it cut power and straightened me up...

Turns out there was a line of diesel which I was sitting on and hadn't noticed.

I've been riding for over thirty years and never previously had a bike with traction control. Before today I would have said I didn't need it, but I think there's a fair chance that even with my superfast reflexes I wouldn't have got the slide under control today without traction control so I'm now a fan!

• Like Like x 5
  3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Enjoy the new toy :)

4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I believe Dougie has that on his Harley, or is that tractor control sorry I get confused :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    (soz Doug couldn't resist it, I love Fat Boys o_O )

5. Tel

Tel Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Cambs
    Looks stunning, have fun on her :)

6. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Very nice. I'm with you on the traditional mirrors. I like the bar ends on the Thruxston, but not the Speedy.

7. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Hello all, Just purchased a nearly new demo Speed R'16 in white with running in all done ;). Came free with Arrow double cans, Triumph Radiator covers, Engine protectors and seat cowl. Have purchased the quickshifter and smaller bar end billet mirrors. Its awaiting PDI, valet and delivery this Friday. Just sold my much loved Ducati 899 Panigale after 2000 miles from brand new - which was absolutely stunning to look at and ride but the riding position was way too sporty for regular riding on poor roads in Kent. Took the demo out last weekend and after 2 hours on it, did'nt come back all aching. Plus found the engine and torque beautifully balanced, smooth and linear at all revs making riding fast a breeze despite being lower on power slightly, infact I was going much faster than the 899 on the same roads. Saved close to £2.5grand from new with all extras which meant I only had a pay a bit more than what I sold the 899 for, getting an almost new 16'plate bike with those gorgeous Ohlins! my first Triumph ever, hope it continues to impress and keeps me hooked.

Can't wait for Friday, have the afternoon off!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Welcome metalgod23, sounds a great deal, you won't regret it. A real world fun road bike.:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
  10. Jo3ler

Jo3ler New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Fleet, Hampshire
    This bike is class! Nice one! I have the same one and just been running it in with the first 500 mile service in 2 weeks. It's so comfortable (I'm 6foot 4), I rode it for about 4 hours at the weekend before starting to get a little achey! Way forward! Great bike & awesome colour! The gold Ohlins forks against the white look incredible! The amount of exclamation marks I've used are a good sign :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Haha!!! I have the bike now and done a few mods already. Rad, oil cooler guards, levers, smaller plate, fork reflectors removed, billet mirrors and they actually work! Coming from a Panigale I find the seating and bar position quite relaxing. Finally am enjoying biking. Rear brakes are quite rubbish compared to the Ducati, but front brembos are quite sharp. Like you, I find white a better colour to my eyes. Good to know you are loving it ...... And yeah forgot.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

12. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Yep, it's the standard Triumph screen and it's tinted. There wasn't an option to have a clear one so I would think the brochure is wrong and if you order one it will be tinted.

It's great and obviously fits perfectly and looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    • I want to take my fork reflectors off but haven't plucked up the courage yet as I don't want to leave a sticky mess. How did you remove them?

By the way, did you say you're in Kent? I'm in London but am down in Kent quite often - near Lenham. Is that close to you?

14. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Heat them with a hair dryer [​IMG] (don't get caught by the wife) [​IMG]
    and should soften then peel off but they're quite stubborn and need a forceful pull and twist action (some say cut them off with dental floss) then remove pad underneath with the very useful finger nail tool (finger nail) any sticky residue can be removed with a little petrol lighter fluid.

15. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    As rocker said. I removed with a length of dental floss without heating the glue. I just slid the floss behind the reflector and out came off easy. Then soaked the residue with white spirit for a min sparingly, scraped off with a plastic card. White Spirit again, wiped off easy finally with a cloth. Took me 10 mins for both sides straight after I picked the bike.

Am in Ashford so a bit further down. Take the reflectors off. Looks much better. Just don't use anything made of metal to clean residue you will ne ok.

16. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Ok great, thanks. I'll give it a go with the dental floss.

If you fancy meeting somewhere in the middle to compare bikes and have a quick ride round the Kent countryside let me know...I'm quite often there on Sundays...

Jack

17. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    That's great. Am mostly busy the next few weekends as school holidays start this week. I will message you when I can make it.

Cheers. Sub.

18. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Reflector is flat I think, but stuck on with a soft double sided thick tape. Floss does not mark it. I just removed both reflectors without any issues. The sticky backing is thick and very soft so easy to cut through with floss. Hair dryer and white spirit to remove any remaining residue will work too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Used the dental floss method to remove my fork reflectors and cleaned up the residue with white spirit. Worked a treat and looks much better.

I've not been getting on with my quickshifter. Took almost all the available accessory options when I ordered the bike so added it to the spec, but after 700 miles I just don't feel a quickshifter suits this type of bike. I can get smoother shifts using the clutch. Also my other bikes don't have quickshifters so when I ride them I'm finding that I'm trying to shift as though I had quickshifters fitted and that's not good.

Anyway, I'm getting the dealer to remove it next week so if anybody wants a nearly-new quickshifter for the 2016 Speed Triple at a bargain price just let me know.

Jack

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    doh! bugger just bought one:mad: