New Member Here

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by kawless, Feb 5, 2024.

1. kawless

kawless New Member

Jan 19, 2024
    wales
    #1 kawless, Feb 5, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    Just popped in to say hello! been riding bikes since the mid seventies mainly Kawasaki/bmw always liked triumph motorcycles but never got round to buying one! but Recently bought a triumph speed twin 1200 2023 model want a retro looking bike and it was a choice between the bmw R nine t or the speed twin.. the speed twin won in the looks department.. did test ride both the r nine t and the speed twin and decided on the speed twin.. plan on fitting some accessories such as fenda extenda/rad guard/rear splash protector/thunderbox/ second tail and brake light..

A few years ago I got rear ended lucky for me I was at a stand still at traffic lights and the Numpty car driver was only at crawling speed but still managed to run into the rear of my bike enough to push me forward I manged to lay the bike down but did cause minor scuffs.. he complained saying the tail brake light was small and not bright enough.. so my first accessory is to fit a second tail/brake light.. I've used the skearn p3 tail and brake led's on my bmw r1250 rs which as canbus with the skearn led's only having low power draw they did not bring up any error faults.. as any one fitted skearn or extra tail and brake lights to the triumph speed twin with out any fault errors as I assume the triumph speed twin also is canbus? also it would be very helpful if any member knows the triumph speed twin 2021 model onwards tail and brake wire colours.. as it got 2 wires or 3 wires.. I plan on installing a heal tech thunder box for any future elec accessories and plan on using the green live wire on the thunder box snapped connector as a switch live and the black earth wire on the thunderbox as a earth.. which just leaves the white wire on the skearn to connect to the brake light.. well that's the plan any input on this would be most welcome..

bye for now will post with results.. lol...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome….

3. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

4. Glenn2926