New Kid On The Block

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Poppy Baker, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Thanks for add.....Been riding bikes all my life, trials, sports, scooters, adventures & now a true love, my SE Bonne '15 model. All I can say it's a perfect fit & my summer holidays are touring Europe. Off to northern Spain in a few weeks & looking for new tyres, recommendations etc etc....
    Looking forward to reading some interesting stuff about the Bobber, T120....love accessories....I'm a girl...what can I say ! Lol

Poppy

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Welcome in to this den of sin and iniquity young Poppy!:eek:
    The local loonies will be along shortly demanding pictorial evidence or your fine steed. Please humour them!
    Avon Roadriders seem to be the tyre of choice for your bike. Others may confirm this.
    Enjoy being here!:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Poppy.
    I am just about ready to put a set of Avon Roadrider AM26 on my Bonnie after reading many good posts on this forum.
    If your suspension hasn't been upgraded, you may want to consider that before embarking on a long touring holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Cheers Steve, I'll be posting photos for sure. Love my Bonne, never lets me down & always a tale to tell

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Love the 'young'hehe

• Like Like x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi poppy, welcome in. Avon Roadrider's on my Thrux are fantastic. Check the labels are removed from the inside tho' suspension upgrade is well worth considering.

7. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #7 MickEng, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    I believe it was only the wire spoked wheels with inner tubes that were at risk from the Avon tyre labels.
    The SE models have cast alloy wheels as standard and are tubeless.
    Certainly wouldn't do any harm removing them either way though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    I am not jealous I am not jealous... Oh Hi Poppy welcome in !

• Like Like x 2
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Welcome to the forum Poppy, Avons seem to be the tyre of choice I would say across the range there very well approved, I've just fitted a set to my Thunderbird but as yet not really given them a good time to give my personal opinion on,

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hi

• Like Like x 1
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You are right! Must pay more attention to letters!!

12. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll check the Avons out....appear a popular suggestion.

I'm pretty well kitted out for touring but you can never buy enough new gadgets. Im leaving the sat nav to the others but may consider getting one later in the year, usually favouring map & memory over electronic prompt.

Roll on Espanol !

• Like Like x 2
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Poppy and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  14. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Have to ask whilst Avons appear up there with recommendation, can someone tell me why? I've got 6500 on the stock Metzelers, keen to try different but I have no reference.
    Is it more they grip better, last longer...an overall good tyre? Internet reading tells you wonderful things about nearly every make.

15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    My stock Metzelers have done 9k so obviously good for wear.
    I have found that they do track the white lines and I have had a couple of little 'slips' in the wet on the back end.
    The Hagon upgraded suspension definitely improved the handling, stopping the back end 'hopping' about.
    The Avons are advertised as good for not 'White lining' because of the tread pattern but I have not fitted them yet so cannot tell you from experience.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Cheers & ive been blaming the council for the shoddy roads all these years! ;)
    We will be covering about 3000 in Spain so I'll have some feedback on whatever I choose.
    Thanks X

• Like Like x 2
  17. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    The roads in Dorset are fantastic compared to the majority in West Yorks.
    Beautiful part of the country, I have had some grand holidays in Dorset. :cool:

18. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Not reached the climes of Yorkshire, so much to explore all on our doorstep. Every weekend is trip around the surrounding counties & it's been spectacular so far. im thinking Spain in July will be scorchio but we coped with the France & God, did we sweat..errrr glow...lol....
    I'll be asking about ladies summer kit later mine is too heavy & too black....hmmmm
    Xx

• Like Like x 1
  19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Can't help you with the ladies summer kit unfortunately.
    If you have not been to the Yorkshire Dales you must go, absolutely spectacular scenery and history, brilliant biking roads, particularly North Yorkshire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Hi and welcome.
    Northern Spain is great,not as hot as the South,but we managed 37 deg last year :sweat:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Thank you.....Spain will be fun I'm sure!

• Agree Agree x 1