Thruxton New Clocks And Rear Shocks.

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by dav.a, Apr 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    I bought a gorgeous 2016 Thruxton R last July from Triumph Glasgow , 780 miles on the clock, matt black. On Tueaday I took it out for it's first run of the year and stopped in Balloch for a coffee. The bike wouldn't restart and alarm activated. Thankfully I had an alarm bypass plug with me so got home ok. I arranged for the bike to go to Triumph Glasgow for assessment and repair and mentioned to them condensation in the clocks and scoring on the offside rear shock. Just been told today Triumph have authorised new clocks and shocks. The alarm remains to be checked over. Big thanks to Allan at Triumph Glasgow and Triumph for their no quibble warranty replacements.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Good news, the clocks and shocks are a common fault and have been a recall for quite a while, I’m surprised they hadn’t been done already. The alarm has been known to have problems if parked in laces near electromagnetic fields etc, don’t ask me why. I had that problem and moved it up the toad and it started, coincidence? I now wear a hat made from tin foil

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Nice to see that the dealers are passing on the information rather than trying to get a few bob more:)