New bike

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Radicalrabit, Jan 23, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Radicalrabit

Radicalrabit New Member

Jan 23, 2013
    I am looking for a bike to fit 6ft 2 frame bit on the portly side these days. There is trophy for sale. Close to me and I was hoping you could tell me how it compares to the Honda Pan fuel is quite important and range per tank full, how they are to ride and what their common faults are? How are they for wind noise ? Thanks

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi welcome to the forum, sorry can not help on the Trophy v Pan but being 6' 3" I understand the need for the right bike: I just fit on a Speed Triple

3. Doctordeano

Doctordeano Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    I'm 6'2" and 16 stone and find most bikes too small so I ended up with a Ducati Multistrada 1200s until recently sold I now have a Triumph Explorer which I find very comfortable and my legs reach the ground OK.
    The seats adjustable too so that helps too.
    Worth a try if you can afford one, there are a few second hand ones about!

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    That's a coincidence I chopped my Ducati Multistrada 1200S touring in for a Triumph. Test rode the Explorer but in the end went the slightly more sporty way with the Speed Triple which I now have rigged up with sw motect panniers and tank bag. Loved riding the Multistrada but the reliability and warranty issues were a nightmare hence getting rid! Sorry for slightly high jacking the thread.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Doctordeano

Doctordeano Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    No worries! What cemented it for me was on the day I sold the bike I had a recall email! That was about 6 plus the fork seals going a week before it went costing me £160.

The Triumph explorer has a great engine although still running it in. Not even had its first service yet!...
    Looking forward to the forum getting busy...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Daytona600

Daytona600 New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    My father is 6ft 2 15 or 16stone, he had lots of bikes in the past, the triumph speed triple or a yamaha R1 as he has a 2007 model which fits him perfectly haha, I'm glad i'm 5ft 10 so i can fit any bikes :biggrin: The test riders are midgets! :wink:

7. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I'm 6ft 2, near on 17 stone and the speed triple is perfect for me, I admit if I lost a stone or two it might be even more fun, but it's no slouch when I ride it and its grin factor all the way, rode it to Austria and back last year and will be doing it again this year, only difference being a tail rack for this year so I have more room for my ass on the seat...

• Like Like x 2