Featured New Bike, New Lid -- Nearly Ready For The Maiden Voyage Aboard My Non- Triumph Tourer!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Sep 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Wow, that's a purty bike, Sandi! And comfy too, I'd bet.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Beerman, I love those lyrics and you are right, they really do call to mind and describe riding in Arizona. :):cool::sun:

I'm really sorry about Pip but certainly empathize and understand. :( Annie is our family and as long as she's alive and with her current health-related challenges, we won't even consider having our usual dog sitter stay with her in our house. These days Annie gets anxious if one or the other of us is away for any bit of time--especially me. So we aren't planning any trips until "later" either as I previously said. In the meantime, I'll intersperse local jaunts on my Speed Triple with rides on my new bike to get it out on the road and to get myself (re)acclimated to riding a touring bike.

Haha! I don't recommend that you become a marketing professional hired to lure tourists to the UK during the winter! ;):sob: But speaking of Colorado weather, check out these photos from a trip we did there in early June back in 2013. These photos were taken on June 4th and the pass had just opened up a few days prior to our riding over it and down into Aspen. The temps were in the low '30's and I had all my winter gear on! On the final day of that particular trip coming back through Arizona the high temperature hit 115ºF!

This was my 2012 H-D Dyna "Switchback" which was a pretty good little touring bike. I put about 20K miles on it before replacing it with a Road King that had more power, comfort, and storage. But this bike served me very well.

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Love those pics. That's proper weather. 12,000 feet at the Great Divide...that's altitude sickness territory!

Beerman

• Like Like x 2
  4. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Sorry to hear about Annie, Sandi.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    I've only got 33,000 miles on my Street Glide , a bit too heavy for now as I'e has 3 surgeries in 5 years and another coming up . Hopefully back on her in the spring.

• Like Like x 2