Insurance New Bike In The Stable Multi-bike Or Separate Policy?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MartyWilson, Jul 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Try https://www.mackenziehodgson.co.uk/ I know they do multibike because I have cover on 3 bikes on one policy through them. They're actually Carole Nash but cheaper for exactly the same quotation terms - bonkers but true!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    You'll find ncd is the con had a couple of policys with no claims so tried an experiment with the MT 01
    Put into a compare site
    Full nc. £80
    4 years nc £90
    Zero nc. £100

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I don’t get how some people seem to be able to get a NCB for more than one bike. I thought you could only accrue it on one policy. : unamused:

4. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Had a '6 wheel' policy with Aunty Carole for 7 or 8 years now - car and both bikes on one policy.

Less hassle to deal with and haven't been able to find anything cheaper that offers the same package.

A couple of times have needed to come back to them with rival quotes when they've tried to take the piss with the annual increase, but usually simply ringing them at renewal time and 'umming and 'arghing' works to keep that reasonable.

DS

• Like Like x 3
  5. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Today I received my first new Bonneville and so got online to see about insurance. I decided to go through GoCompare as when I tried other options they wanted £500 minimum excess where GoCompare was offering £250 excess. Triumph Insurance came out very reasonably at £117 or thereabouts fully comp so took the next step and phoned them. Chap I spoke to insisted, against my protests, on putting me through to another department to see if it would work out better for me to go 'multi-bike' as, otherwise things like gear cover and breakdown stuff would have to be added to the policy so the final tally would be around £200. Got through to the other department and the woman took all my details again but then told me that the underwriters weren't prepared to add it onto my existing policy at all unless it was kept in a locked shed/garage! As I am waiting to get a good secure shed I simply couldn't comply. Weird! At the moment the bike is being kept alongside my Sprint in the garden of my house with an alarmed disc lock, behind a six foot high wooden fence with locked gates out of sight of passers by (not that there are any) and overlooked by the houses of myself and all my neighbours at the back of a teeny tiny village miles from anywhere and I doubt it can get any more secure to be honest. The only reason I want a shed is to keep the bikes nice and dry and corrosion free when the wind blows and the rain rains.

Anyway I went back and took out the separate Triumph policy for £200. To be honest I am not complaining as, back in the late nineties, with a few years NCB and a bike worth less than £1500, a 1986 Suzuki GSX750ES, I was paying something like £500 a year with Norwich Union so, in real terms it's costing me little money to ensure that my bikes are as well protected as possible.

• Like Like x 2