Featured New Bike In The Garage Tonight

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tiglet, Jun 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What I can’t understand after just reading all of the posts in this thread that’s before it got derailed is that peeps think I bought the Street Triple when all I said in the title was “New Bike in the Garage Tonight” which there was and followed by “There’s another bike in my garage tonight” didn’t say I’d bought it :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    You did say you still have the Tiger and the Classics,so did you or did you not:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Dave have you been taking tips from Dilli in tricking the good folks here ;);)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes still got my 2018 Tiger and two Classics.

I’d got an itch that wanted scratching with regards to the new Street Triple Dougie and my Triumph dealer loaned me one for 24+ hour at no cost. No pressure at all.

It’s turned out to be a @dilligaf type thread ;):)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    So what was your opinion on the bike Dave?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Great bike Nikki, quick,responsive and it braked and handled well. It was reasonably comfortable.
    Although it’s a smallish bike my 6ft masculine frame fitted onto it with no wrist,back or neck ache after a 1.5 hour ride yesterday, which was the longest stint I rode in one hit.

The suspension would need dialling in for me, it was a bit solid (I was going to say it was hard but you know what some of these lot are like they’d get all excited):laughing:
    The mirrors were next to useless.:worried:
    The bars could have done with being about 1” higher.
    I like bikes to have a rear mudguard not a plastic arm holding the rear number plate.

Would I add one to the bikes I already own,,,,,,,,,,I think the top model is £10k plus a bit and not being a person that has to stick to one manufacturer I think I would possibly look for another Classic perhaps a BSA/Triumph or a Italian bike or a German bike. Decisions, Decisions :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    You are a terrible tease Tiglet, leading us all on Dilli style. :rolleyes:
    The RS comes with the bar end mirrors, although initially not a fan, they actually work very well, personally I thought the top of the range RS model was worth the extra bang, but not everyone agrees.
    After a Tiger I guess the bouncey bits are going to feel on the stiff side (Oooh errr missus!:p), when I had mine I swapped bikes on a ride out with my Tiger owning mate, the Tiger felt very soft & floaty in comparison, but my mate loved the RS & rode straight to Destination Triumph & ordered one!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Now stop it Billy I like bounced bits on ladies :eek:

Comfort wise I found it more comfortable that a Thruxton R that I had a ride on when they first came out.I had aching between the shoulder blades after 1hour.

I wonder if I can blag the loan of a Speed Triple :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Go for it, the dealer know the value of the Silver Pound! :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016