Featured New Bike, Don't Laugh!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by H.O., Oct 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Well I was really sorry to see my old Trumpet go off to Ireland at the end of March, but after my un-scheduled and un-expected cartage off to hospital on boxing day 2015 for which I was lucky to get out alive, I just lost all mt strength and energy, and moving to this place made it really hard to get the bike out so it had to go.:sob:
    Never mind eh, I am building m,y self back up now, but still not given up on bikes, (just cant!) and have every intention of getting a 'big boys bike' in perhaps a couple of years for my official retirement, until then this will have to do!o_O
    c4 (3).jpg
    Honda Vision 110, new from Hunts of Manchester, so cheap its not worth buying s/h, full 2 years warranty & AA breakdown cover, it will get me back on 2 wheels and preserve my NCB providing I don't crash it or get it nicked, it arrives on Thursday:D
    My strength is getting back slowly largely due to long morning walks with the Greyhounds, especially Incpot, the youngest, so my plan for 2 years time is not over optimistic!:p
    Now, if the Big meet had come up to Tyndrum I could have gone but Wales is a bit too far.................:(
    I'l post up some piccies of it on Thursday on-wards.
    Terry

• Like Like x 10
  2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Good on ya, whatever keeps you on two wheels and happy, I've just upgraded to a lighter bike for the same sorts of reasons. :cool:

Good luck on improving to get back to what you want :)

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:joy::joy: HA HA HA HA :joy::joy:

Only kidding mate :p
    I would do exactly the same if I had to
    Keep working on your strength mate and I'm sure you'll get back on another bike before you know it :)
    Oh yeah....paint it BLACK:cool:
    And get yourself to Wales on it :p
    Think of the MPG and the money you could save :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    ... and put a "cocktail-shaker" exhaust on it! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    The exhaust is HUGE for the bike's size, I dont know about it housing a cat, you could get a bleedin' dog kennel in it as well!
    Euro 4 and all that:poop:!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi HO and congratulations on your new ride. Rebuild yourself and your confidence and in no time you'll be back on a bigger bike.

What I've found recently is there there's a whole world of very interesting bikery that isn't too heavy and yet still yields all thrills and pleasure we look for .

ENJOY .......................................

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Are you still here??

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Yes, what of it ?

9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    You will soon be on a Rocket 3. Keep improving your strength..

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, good luck with your recovery back to full strength....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Good man Terry, slowly slowly the way to go for sure, its got two wheels and that's good enough for me, take it easy, continue with the greyhound exercise and good things are only round a corner, All The Best TEZ,

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Good for you H.O:) I've hired similar when i used to go to sunny places with the mrs on holidays,great for scooting around on..maybe see you on it at the green welly next summer!

• Like Like x 2
  13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Definitely up for that, the roads out to there are quite suited to the pop pop, I went up last year from Livingston, looks a nicer route from here through more forests.
    Probably have more time to look at the scenery than last time too!:sun:

• Like Like x 3
  14. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Well it arrived safe & sound, fitted the Givi plate to take the top box and thoroughly ACF'ed all the metal parts on the outside then basically dismantled it so I could ACF all the engine components and the behind the front panel so I know it was fully protected before it went on the road.
    Only PDI discrepancy I could find was the tyres were slightly soft, apart from that Hunts were pretty good, but lets face it, if they fcuked up on that they might as well give up!
    I've only done 45 miles so far but I'm really impressed, it will do 60 mph easy but running it in for 300 miles before I use it properly, then another 300 for the 1st service, then I can really let rip!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    1 strange thing i really like, it hasn't got a starter motor as such, the brushless alternator IS also the starter, but the are no starting dogs or gears to engage so no starter 'clunk', just straight to engine sound!
    The engine will automatically switch of after 3 seconds, say at lights for instance, then just twist the throttle and it goes!o_O
    This is swicthable so it can tick over indefinately if required.
    That helps to get the supposed 145 mpg and saves the 'viroment!
    Its really nicely built, parts from all round the World but assembled in Italy, the fit and finish is really good, and all the plastics fit so good there's hardly any gap in any joins.
    Showa suspension, seems a bit hard as is the seat at the moment, but that will probably soften up in time, it has a 'linked back brake to the front as well as an independant front, they are bedding in quite well.
    I didn't like the idea of the chinky Chen Shin sport pattern tyres at first with plans to change them ASAP, but surprisingly the are pretty good having been through wet and dry roads on its first trip out, so I'll give the the benefit of doubt for now.
    Yeh, o.k. its not the Triumph I'd like, that hopefully will come in about 2 years, but I can see a fair few miles and some fun on this for now!
    One thing missing I'd have liked, no accessory socket, but I can (will) fit one, I cant think of any other disappointments, I'm really pleased with the red colour too!
    Oh, there's an extensive tool kit too, a double ended screw driver shaft and handle, THATS IT!
    It is backed up by 2 years Honda (AA) breakdown, so I'll probably never need the tool kit!
    So there you go, I'm back on 2 wheels!
    AND I SAID 'DONT LAUGH!':p:D:blush::laughing:
    Terry

• Like Like x 6
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ok :) what about a little snigger?...can I have a little snigger?:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I snorted!!

17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I snorted!!

18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Terry, it sounds alright to me mate. You have identified your short-term needs and by the sound of it your scoot fills those needs. What's not to like ???

Down the line you'll be able to get something to get your hearty pounding a bit more, but for now you're sorted I reckon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Crispey, I heard you the first time :p:p:p:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Enjoy it marra, :cool::cool: