New Bike (already).. Head Or Heart?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by welly, Nov 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Apparently I’ve got a new bike...

CE7A038B-7B00-4A26-BADD-62781E708C03.jpeg

66D4C58A-202E-492D-9666-4A52586F2D0E.jpeg

Took the XRT on a test ride, absolutely loved it. It is such an easy bike to ride. I ended up going for the XCX mainly because it was that little bit cheaper, the shop did a deal and knocked off a fairly significant extra plus are fitting me some fog lights for 100 quid cheaper too so all in all, well pleased!

It wasn’t a heart vs head decision in the end - heart is definitely in this bike. I still feel very cool on it, which I was a little worried I wasn’t going to be! Everyone wants to feel cool on a motorbike. The Tiger is more an Evil Kneivel type of cool whereas the Speed Twin/Thruxton is more a James Dean cool, which is fine by me. Evil Kneivel was cool. I pick it up on Monday after they’ve done all whatever they have to do. Very excited!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #22 Sandi T, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Well, dilli, I am a psychologist. And I have to say....you are dangerously close to meeting the criteria for OCD, particularly the "O". :eek::joy::joy::joy:

(that's obsessive-compulsive disorder for those of you who don't keep up with mental health acronyms)

That said, I'm starting to think I want a Rocket III, too! :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations on your new bike, welly! Enjoy. :grinning::grinning::grinning: Thanks for posting the photos. As I've said before, there's nothing like a new bike to make one feel like a little kid again. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very nice........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Does anyone know the maximum load weight for the Tiger 800? Ie. rider and pillion plus luggage.

Thanks! I shall have two sleepless nights until I go pick up the bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oh, the glorious wonder of ANTICIPATION!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Indeed! It's my first new vehicle. The first time I've had a bike/car that hasn't previously had a bum sat on it!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, that makes it even MORE exciting, welly!! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Bugger, late to the party but this would have been my suggestion of course ;);)
    2015 main black.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Welly
    In my humble opinion I think you got a decent machine that will keep you smiling for years. Only thing I would find hard is that large screen or is that just the photo. Don't dislike it but I prefer small screens or nose cones. Then I ride Bonnies my choice and I am happy with them as you will be with your new baby. But I disagree with the money pit bit. Tell us all next year how much you have added and little upgrades you are tempted by. We all do it just can't resist it's our babies and we need to treat them. And I think it's a cool bike.
    Regards & Enjoy.
    Joe

• Like Like x 4