New Air Horns Fitted

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sprinter1050uk, Nov 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    The chrome fairing strips had come loose so I decided to do a repair and whilst the fairing was off fitted a 2 new trumpet air horns to replace the pair that had died on me last week. On the chrome strips one of the plastic inserts had broken on each one so I cut them off, filled the space around them with Quikmetal, left that to set fixed them back to the fairing with self tappers, should last longer that the original method, hopefully. Previously the air horns had been tucked in behind the radiator but after 2 yrs the heat has got to them and they gave up the ghost. The new ones are tucked under the nose fairing having made up an ally bracket and mounted them to one of the radiator mounting screws. They face sideways so they don't get full of rain and sound awesome. They give a similar to the Nautilus Compact I had on my other bike but a third of the price. IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

• Like Like x 3