Featured New Acquisition

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Jul 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I was at the H cafe at about 10:30-11:00 this morning! :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    tcbandituk
    Sorry i missed you. I got there just after 12:00. Another day perhaps.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  4. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pat W
    Taken and cleaned. Just really snapped a couple of pics as you know here in the asylum. No picture it didn't happen. Will try harder next time.
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    More news on my old Baby. decided to pull the front end down found the left fork empty of oil although it didn't look like it riding the bike maybe as I had changed the oil recently. But on dismantling i found some idiot must have been there before and no doubty washers on the securing bolts and they were loose. So lets hope i am on the road to curing the brake issues. Next job the starter clutch so i be back soon for more help. Thanks for all the support up till now.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #67 joe mc donald, Apr 23, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    Need more help here peeps changing the stantions on my T140ex got new British made ones. How the devil do i get them to go into the yokes. They travel half way and lock up. Surely there must be a trick to do them.
    Joe.

8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Have you taken the tightening screws all the way out? Can you open the gap slightly using a screwdriver etc Try lubricating with wd40 or similar, take your time dont try to rush it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sprintdave
    Yes tried all that. Got them in now. Ashamed to say i took a hammer to the top yoke and taped it al into place rather hard.
    Ended up dismantling the whole front end. Now what i have is the brake pipe from the reservoir / brake to the stoplight switch and do you think i can get those to line up again not even near. I am close to putting a torch to it. Never ever had this hassle with an old brit before. It really is depressing or am i just getting to bloody old to be tinkering.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tell me someone the mixture screw is out to richen plugs blacker in to weaken plugs ashen.
    Joe

11. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Screw out for more air.

• Like Like x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Iron
    Yes i have turned the screws in by a quarter and it seems better. Should have checked the new carbs as the 1980 bikes are two and a half turns out and the earlier ones i believe were one and a half. I shall just have to play around with them and see what happens. They are the Amal mark two's. Thanks for the advice. Much appeached.
    Joe.

• Useful Useful x 1