Featured New Acquisition

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Jul 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Iron.
    That's my intention and when i retire it will get more and more travel. Can't wait. Thanks.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pistonbroke
    Thanks so much. I had a choice of three models two American spec but i have found in the past you end up hopping from garage to garage so this was the choice.
    Joe.

3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    No I love that you say that. I ask for the truth. Haven't got it yet but will expect delivery some time later in the month. Yes i have had a few bikes and they have come and gone. Think i am slowing down now. ( Perhaps ) But i think you know the reason for this purchase. And i need to ask you how many bike you have had so far. We are in deed kindred spirits.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P
    Yes i have to totally agree with you there. But still undecided on it . Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    PatW
    I do quite like the beemers but i wanted a Brit just for personal reason this time.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ducatitotriumph
    Yes i am looking forward to owing it or keeping it in my procession for a time. And you nailed it Tracy is indeed to good to me. Really i need to start repaying her.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Hubaxe.
    Thankyou so much. Yes looking forward to ownership and will let every one know when it happens.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    That's a lovely looking thing, Joe. Try to ride this one though :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That's nice Joe. Hopefully you'll both have a loving relationship :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I'll certainly be looking forward to hearing all about the bike when it's delivered and seeing more photos, too. I love that you say "perhaps" you're slowing down. Oh, and that you "think" you're slowing down. :joy::joy: Yes, I believe that I do understand the reason for this purchase and I'm really glad that you're doing it. It seems like the right one to me.

I started riding motorcycles in 2011 so have been riding about ten years now. And--to match the number of years I've been riding, I've had ten bikes. Looks like I may be due for another one relatively soon if I keep the same pace. But I really like the ones I currently have in the garage and am content. Well, for the moment. ;) Yes, we are indeed kindred spirits, Joe. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Lovely bike Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Very nice Joe, I’m sure you will love owning it :cool:. Please more ride pix with this one :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Learningtofly.
    That's a promise.
    Joe.

14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet
    Getting excited already. Will update all when I get the bike
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    See Sandi T you are as bad as me if not worse. But you're our favourite girl. And we are real family.
    Joe.

16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lou160487
    Thanks for this. So far no bad reports on my choice of model.
    Joe.

17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dartplayer
    That's a promise. I got the camera warming up.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Got the new bike today. Starts and runs sweet as. I have taken some pictures of bits I am doing to it. So when I get it to how I want I will put it on here. All little jobs like the rear tyre is on back to front small cracks in the front fairing one lock on the sigma boxes is not working and bloody indicators not working on the right side which is a fiddly job. I know as I done one before and when you dismantle that switch it is a nightmare to put back together. But i will let you all know how it goes. And I am quite enjoying tinkering with it.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Here is the bike in the flesh. So far I had to strip the switch gear as indicators were not working due to corrosion and dirt in the switch but working now. Do we have any locksmiths on here as for the life of me I can't free up one of the sigma locking mechanisms it is jammed tight I even drilled the rivet and got it out but no go.
    Joe. 11696688.jpg IMG_1293 (2).JPG IMG_1301 (2).JPG IMG_1306 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 6
  20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Your new acquisition is stunning, Joe! I really like that paint job. I do have to say I wasn't too keen on that fairing in your earlier photos but I've had a change of heart. I think it looks good with the bags and it all balances out to my eye. The whole package looks quite smart and very retro-stylish. Which makes sense because, at 40 years of age, your "new" Bonnie IS retro!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1