New 1200xe Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Bug, May 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Hi mate welcome to the club

2. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks Tiger

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    regards stalling what mode are you using? I’ve found road the smoothest for normal riding and running in, if you use sport mode and just potter about it will feel jerky and maybe this is making it more prone to stalling.

4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Welcome in to the madhouse

5. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks for getting back Shaun. I have had the bike in sports mode recently with only 800 miles on the clock. I will have to wait to see following lockdown. I have read that triumph 1200 engines can be a little lumpy at low revs..... TEC spares ( utube) have a booster plug for the xe , apparently smooths out starting off and low rev issues. I am currently trying to get hold of one.

6. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I don’t think you need one, just ride it in road mode and put it in sports when your going for it, I’ve seen those booster plugs and I’ve bought my tail tidy & mirrors from tec but I think the booster plug is for 1200 scrambler that’s been decat and performance air filter fitted & snorkel removed, I’ve watched the tec video on the booster plug and he mentioned he’d done the above to his bike,there’s a dedicated scrambler & thruxton section on here too.

7. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks Shaun , I have taken your comments on board. You may have saved me a few pounds .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I don't have one of these so I don't know if it has this mode but have heard many people ride in rain mode around town to take the snatchiness out of the throttle ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Bug and welcome to the forum :cool:

10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks , Helmut ..... I will certainly give it a go when the lockdown is lifted.

11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks Dartplayer ....... all of you have been great!

12. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Welcome sir, I have a new XC, like you stalling occasionally when coming down through gears to a stop. Considered booster but decided not to as after a couple of ecu re-learns its happening less. I've removed snorkle, no noticeable difference. Waiting for decat pipe to ease heat, hopefully. Its a great bike, kind the Land Rover of bikes, appears to most things well. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Hi Repoch,
    Great post , I am interested how you get on. I may go the same way . As long as the down pipes from the engine have no unnecessary welds ....they destroy the lovely lines of the bike ........ god I sound like a perv !

14. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Take a look at verex, clean bend no ugly welds built in Tasmania no web site but Facebook page

15. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks Repooh, I will look up.

16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

17. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Hi Vulpes

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Welcome in Bug. Lovely bike you have there mate. :)

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Thanks Dawsy, I love the looks

20. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    I've got one of these and I suppose as I de-cat'ed it and put the short Triumph Taunton V & H pipes on straight from day one, I've never really had a problem although I've been considering fitting a Boosterplug for some time. Bike's currently in tip top nick but unused so the urgency has gone out of this. I fitted a Boosterplug to a Thruxton R and the improvement was immediate, particularly at low revs. If you want one sooner rather than later, try Motorworks (www.motorworks.co.uk); their part number for the XC and XE is FUA02451. They're open and they have them in stock.