Need Some Help On Phone Nav.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Sep 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Need your help you oh very wise people. I got an iPhone 7 paired to a Bluetooth head set a SMH5-FM. Its great with calls and hearing other phones nearly deafens you. I put in Google maps on the phone but can hardly hear the speaker. And I can't adjust the volume with google maps. Anyone know what I can do as feed up getting lost. Well I don't mind being lost but when I need to be somewhere at a time I really need to hear it better.
    Kind regards
    Joe.

2. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    @joe mc donald, try one or both of the following:

1. When turn-by-turn navigation voice is active, rotate the dial on the SMH5 to increase the volume. It could be that the device has 2 separate channels for phone and navigation and the one for navigation is set at low by default.

2. Open Google Maps on your phone, on the top left corner tap the three horizontal lines, open Settings, Navigation, and then change Guidance Volume to either Normal or Louder.

Hope this sorts you out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bonnie1980.
    Thanks Mate all sorted I am over the moon. Owe you.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    Great. Glad you won't get lost and come back to the asylum on time for your meds :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bonnie1980.
    Thanks mate. Nursey will indeed be impressed. Thanks to you.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1