Need And Want Center Stand

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by WOODYDEL, Aug 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. WOODYDEL

WOODYDEL Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Just what were they thinking? I need a center stand for my 1996 Daytona 900. If somebody knows for sure that the animal does not exist just tell me. If I need to ask this in another forum let me know or just move this. Thanks

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Woody I got a centre stand for my 2014 Speed Triple from sw motech. cant say if they do one for your bike but may be worth a look

3. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    Thanks Dozers Dad for the link. I sent an email just now requesting the possibility of their ability to supply a stand.

Dawsy, I tried that site a couple days ago but will return there just in case, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    Dozers Dad your link led me to Sprint Manufacturing who helped me by pointing out a Trophy stand would work with the addition of a stop for when it is retracted. Thereupon after verifying that matching hardware existed on my Daytona and Trophy I ordered a set of stands (more than what I needed) from Ebay. $102 bucks including shipping, a bargain. Just need a lift handle and I'm all set.

I was very surprised at finding the shock mount bar accommodating the center stand on the Daytona. I'm also glad to not have to install those mounting bars.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    #5 WOODYDEL, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Daytona sitting vertical as it should be. Parts delivered late yesterday,Monday. Normal mechanic skills to install. Loosened silencers for access to pivot bolts from the outside, no need to remove exhaust. Return springs tricky but only required persistence. Bottom hook of springs stretched out and attached with loop of 1/4" nylon rope.

It was ironic that the install would have been easier if I had a stand.

Now! fuel levels can be double checked after the carbs are installed, with ease.

Also my old neck gets a break from looking for things on the left side of the bike.

DAYTONA WITH STAND.jpg

These are the parts from Ebay seller. Most of it not used as Daytona comes equipped for a stand. All parts are from 1996 Trophy. The center stands are available new from 2wheelpros at $143.

CENTER STAND EBAY PARTS.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Troy

Troy New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    AUSTRALIA
    That's great news. As I have a Daytona 900 1995 too and maintenance well be a breeze its crazy they never come out with one

126330008_10223415973978107_1311538787173496512_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1