Name the Film star Quiz..ends friday 16th December

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Dec 6, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Just testing the water to see if anyone would be interested in doing a quiz,i was up at my brothers who has been a huge film buff since he was a kid and i was looking through some of his film books i thought it would be an idea if i took some photos of the film stars from yesteryear (about 100!!) below is an example, mostly stars from the 40s 50s 60s I'll put this one as a full image but i could put the rest as thumbnails. and if folk want to PM me with the names i will send the winner a prize!!!!!!!
    1.jpg

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Is that Anthony Quayle ?

3. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    No.....

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Jack Hawkins

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Well Done Mick :) I'll give it a few days and see what reaction i get to my idea of a quiz..it's not often that this can be said on here.... but i think the majority of members may be too young:eek::eek: :eek: some of the actors are more well known than Jack Hawkins but some are less known,although they were all big stars back in the day.
    i even took some photos of character actors & B movie actors, but I'm thinking unless you had a big brother like mine who constantly quizzed you on Actors :rolleyes: or you are a film buff you would struggle to name them although you would recognize the faces

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'll be up for the quiz - obviously only for the more recent actors :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jack Hawkins eh - he was everywhere that British films were, at one time.

PS I just noticed Dougie - you said prizes ??????:):):)

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I'm up for it - and behave yourself biglad - we'll be relying on you for the ones from the silent film era!

8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Harsh Stevey, harsh :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Especially to a bloke who spent the last 24hrs tearing the house and Wendys car apart, trying to find the remote key for my car :mad::mad::mad:

All sorted now, breakdown opened the car, so I could get at the spare key in the glove box ( yes I know, t*at right?), new key ordered and the bank are going to pay for it.

So, all in all life is returning to normal, stress levels are reducing - ALL IS GOOD.

9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cool Steve :),i will wait until the weekend before putting the pics up,I'm not sure how many thumbnails i can put up in 1 post? so it might have to be a few posts,prize will be either a padded or fleece lined shirt..and i might throw in a pair of socks..just to go with the ones you will get at xmas :eek:! Remember if you only know a few names still PM me with your answers as you might still be the winner! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Glad you found a key in the end even if it was in the glove box!

11. Jennoe

Jennoe Active Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Newport Sth Wales

• Like Like x 1
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Pre-emptive strike here Dougie. Jean Simmons. Can I claim a prize ?

13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Woah Andy, I haven't had my prize yet!
    May I hint at a set of tyres for my Bonnie, 17" cast wheels currently on Metzlers

14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    By hell, you've been busy tonight DD
    Too easy to look stuff up on google nowadays for the answers which would be cheating, I love it when an old track comes on that hardly anyone knows, takes you right back.
    TV adverts have been great for rekindling some of the classic tracks but how many youngsters really listen and check out the artists etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    No but there will be an actress in the photos who i think looks like her ;)

16. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I hate braggarts, but I'm really pleased that I'm in the lead.
    Last time I won owt was the long jump at school. 3 hours at the back of the bike sheds.

17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The photos i will be putting up are google proof i think! i didn't get them off the internet, also i have cropped the pics so it's only the face you see. I've tried a few in the google images search and it just comes up with HEAD!!:confused: so i think it's cheat proof:D I''m sure you will recognize a few Jez. A Music quiz would be good but i know if i was stuck the temptation to google would be too much:oops:. it's difficult thinking of questions that you can't google..but not impossible;)

18. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Bloody hell DD
    I have just had to google what FTFY meant, all too confusing for me this fancy lingo.
    Funny as hell though!

• Like Like x 1
  19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Yes it was a 'special' school it was 'approved'

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #20 Dougie D, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Right here goes!! remember DO NOT put your answers on here!! PM me with your answers IE number 1 is...2 is...3 is etc etc
    Number 1. 1..jpg 2. 2..jpg 3. 3..jpg 4. 4..jpg 5. 5..jpg 6. 6..jpg 7. 7..jpg 8. 8..jpg 9. 9..jpg 10. 10..jpg that's as many as i can get on 1 post so there will be 10 more posts! :eek: 1.Anthony Quinn 2.Cary Grant 3.David Niven 4.Charles Bronson 5.Anthony Quayle 6.David Tomlinson 7.Alan Ladd 8.Charles Hawtrey 9.Alistair Sim 10. Alfie Bass

1..jpg

2..jpg

3..jpg

4..jpg

5..jpg

6..jpg

7..jpg

8..jpg

9..jpg

10..jpg