Mytriumph App/bluetooth Module On Street Triple Rs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Richard Cheek, Sep 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Cheek

Richard Cheek Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Hi all. I know this has been covered previously and I have had a look on the forum with no luck, so apologies in advance if everyone is sick of hearing about this!

Basically, I bought the bluetooth module when I got my new bike last year (I wish I hadn't as it's utter rubbish) but too late now. Up until recently, it seemed to work OK but then I got a new iphone (old phone was an android phone). Now I can connect the phone to the bike via bluetooth but the navigation part of the My Triumph app will not connect. It says on the phone to press the home button on the bike and wait for the pairing request on the dash, but nothing happens, it just searches forever. So I can't add my bike to the app or get the navigation from the app, but I can listen to music as the bluetooth is connected.

I had the bike serviced a few weeks back and they (at the dealership) upgraded the software on the module on the bike and had a go at connecting it all for me, but no change.....same issue. Rather p*ssing me off now since I forked out for the bluetooth module. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Richard, the module is not compatible with all phones, from memory Triumph listed what model phones and GoPro's are compatible with the module.

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I know that you have to do it twice using iphone as one connection is for comms and the other is for the nav side.
    Also, I had an email from triumph saying it won’t work with the new ios update.
    https://images.triumphmotorcycles.c...y triumph connectivity - faq - us-english.pdf

4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I use an iphone 7 for the navigation, my latest iphone will not work with the app, the 7 works perfect however, the GoPro is unaffected, although the latest GoPro won't work with the app, the Hero7 black I have works perfectly well though. It seems a very flawed system Triumph have, it should work with any phone, GoPro or phone considering what they charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    THIS IS SPAM. ALL OF HIS TWENTY POSTS ARE THE SAME, NOTHING TO DO WITH BIKES