My Triumph Trophy 900 - PX against a bonnie/Speedmaster

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by m0rt, Jul 25, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. m0rt

m0rt New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Hi.

Sorry for this being a first post. I will make up for it, I assure you.

Having thought long and hard about what I want from a bike and the fact that even on the Trophy I find myself a little too free with the throttle, I have decided, finally, to go for a Bonneville/Speedmaster.

The Trophy is HERE (ebay) .

Things to note, that I haven't gotten around to mentioning in the ebay add yet:

Both rider footrests replaced with the machined items available from Sprint Manu - new rubbers included.
    The tape on the grabrail was to reduce slight rubbing with topbox. However, when i replaced the givi mounting brackets with new ones, it moved it back slightly. So went to remove tape, which i did, then used a solvent to dissolve the old residue, but the old residue combined with the solvent lifted topcoat. :/ So I re-taped it back up.
    Had the rear panels off to do rear brake fluid, as well as fit new brackets and the rear subframe is completely clean. No rot anywhere. Replaced rear panel bolts with new ones sourced from Lings. Had tank off to replace vacuum hose as removed fitted scottoiler that I don't like using, and can say that there are no hidden surprises under there. Very clean, heat shield is still fine, though some parts at the very edge show a bit of lifting where the adhesive has started to age.
    Don't have original toolkit, but have an new original plug spanner, as well as a cut down large allenkey to fit that (and the Axle).

I will obviously be stumping up cash as well.

I want one mechanically spot on. Don't mind (in fact prefer it) if modded as long as the work is fundamentally of a good standard. A rack would be a useful addition but not mandatory - I can fit one after the event.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch. In Staffordshire area.

Cheers.

Ben

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Ben

I would have brought it but I have already found and brought another bike.

What made you change your mind then?

Steve

3. m0rt

m0rt New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Just replied in the intro thread. I went out on it yesterday and enjoyed every second on it. I just can't control the right hand when I am on it. The way the power picks up and the sound when it makes when on song...I just can't imagine what I would be like on a Daytona. So I have to accept that I have no self control on a such a machine and will need something else that doesn't encourage hooliganism. At some point experience will not cover reduced reaction times when something unexpected happens and I don't want to be in that situation. Roads are getting busier and drivers less predictable/more idiotic.

But damn, Triples. Awesome. I did consider stripping the fairing, converting it to a naked to get some wind resistance as an aid to sensibility, but then it is rather too nice and original to do that too and I could just get a trident to replace it, but I don't know how much that would help. Less power is the only sensible option.