Featured Touring My Scotland Trip Part One

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Rich Bryce, Sep 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Rich, really liked your trip report. In part because we used to live near Portsoy and in part because I had never seen the Applecross pass.

Thanks very much for taking the time to create the write-up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hay Rich watched alot of your trips on youtube great to relive Glen Coe, You where lucky with the weather, eh ( Scottish joke).Cheers see you next year, with some advanced warning you could end up with 5 or 6 for a few days tour Hint Hint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Sounds good mate. I'm going to book the week off for after GMU2018 and head up to Ayrshire to do the cracking recommended roads there, then over to do that Oban/Tyndrum/Fort William loop which I washed out on this time. I was thinking of then heading over to Skye via the Glenelg Ferry, but open to other suggestions if anyone wants to make a group up. And Dougie's suggestion of ByTheWay at Tyndrum for a stop-over is spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    To be honest, watching the video was the first time I'd seen much more than the road and the next corner ahead - too busy planning to avoid the next 4x4 or caravanette just out of sight to take in the glorious scenery.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Could be tempted myself. Looks like an awesome trip

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Rich,i've never been on the Glenelg ferry as to get to it it's a single track road which i'm not keen on,i'm sure the scenery would be lovely though,maybe if i got myself a differant bike i would explore more of the single track stuff,i see that you did the bettyhill to lairg road,another one i've never been on as 50 mile of single track on my speed triple woudn't be much fun. If i were you i would take the road from Fort William to Mallaig A830 (The road to the isles) to get the ferry to skye. it is a cracking road and you would pass the Glenfinnan Viaduct (used in the Harry potter films apparently) hopefully i'll manage to meet up with you when you come up again and go some runs :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'll def do both then, out and back. Come along behind me and I'll clear the way through any pesky cagers ;)

8. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    nice one RB, well documented and pics /videos really good.
    Been as far as Durness via west coast ( did Applecross but low cloud and rain spoiled the view) but not the east coast yet:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Rich, Ey up mate. Never been that far up but wow it looks good. You could have called in on your way past mine. Give me a shout next time you have another silly bike moment and I'll see if I can join you. E

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'm planning to head back to Scotland from GMU2018 for the week. Be pleased of the company if you fancy it. Sprinter and Bonniecat are giving it some thought too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    What's happened to part 2 @Rich Bryce ?
    You know the part that involved texting some unknown person about you staying overnight.
    Must have thought they had a right nutter ;)