My Experience Of Buying From Fc Moto

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Notso, Feb 23, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    PLEASE don't open THAT can o'worms again... :p:cool::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    #22 timboo, Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    When ever a product is significantly cheaper on one site over another and is a company I’m unfamiliar with more often than not there is a good reason. If a UK based company is what you are seeking spending 10 mins could save money further down the line.

Visit their contact us page for their address and phone number. Often companies outside the uk dont list an address or phone number just an online contact form

Check if they have physical stores in the uk

Check companies house as can be handy from time to time.

Check their t&c’s for obvious errors

Check their returns policy

To complicate matters further some companies go one step further trying to portray themselves as a UK company by having a .co.uk url and a uk phone number.

Personally I only use uk based companies however as others have stated before they are happy to purchase from overseas.

3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    #23 Notso, Mar 11, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Just an update.

I ended up placing a review of my purchase detailing the issue. FC Moto then contacted me and sent me a return label and customs form as a good will gesture. So that was very good of them, here's hoping this time it will make it through customs.

DPD and Parcel Hero never contacted me about the customs issue. I struggled with failed links to contact us forms and trackers, phone systems saying all is well despite tracker saying to contact them. Instant messaging systems telling me an exports department would be in touch but they never were. Now finally I have an extra £20 taken from my account without warning to cover the cost of the return.

Upshot is FC Moto 1, Parcel Hero 0. I appreciate FC Moto's gesture to customer service and will buy from them again as a result, but only if I know the brand well for clothing, or it is something that isn't sized. I will never use Parcel Hero or any of those services again, and will try to go direct to carrier in the future.

• Like Like x 4