my daytona 600 issues . clocks flash 188 then cut out

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sally-anne, Jul 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sally-anne

sally-anne New Member

Jul 13, 2013
    york
    hello all need help :frown:

i have a 2004 daytona 600 , on a ride out my clocks flashed 188 , so i pulled over then it wouldnt start again . one of the 10amp fuses had blown , started off another bike and got home , it wouldnt start or hold battery , i got a new battery and replaced the reg rec , as was told this was the common problem . since then rode it a few times and had no problems UNTIL.

friday i was on a ride out to coast , sadly didnt get there bike did same thing clocks flashed 188 then cut out , wouldnt start again , got jump leads and off i went . then whenever i was slowing down or stopped it cut out again and wouldnt start , had to be jump leads again this happened 5 times on the way home :mad:.

i really need my bike fixed asap as my close friend passed away and his brother wants everyone to go on bikes to his funeral , i dont want to let him down .can anyone help please , as im at a loss .:frown:

ps sorry about my typing and spelling lol

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    oh dear sorry can't help have you contacted your dealer to see what the problem might be

3. sally-anne

sally-anne New Member

Jul 13, 2013
    york
    did the first time yes he had it was reg rec , might have ti give them another bell on mon was hoping to try and avoid cost of garage , and was hoping it was a silly little problem i could fix my self .

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    If the battery and regulator have already been changed and the battery is still losing charge then the first place I would look is the charging system. Get a multimeter on the battery and check if the meter rises to about 14.5 Volts when you rev the engine.

The 10 amp fuse that had blown, what did it supply? Just wondering if you have a short somewhere that could be putting a constant drain on the battery. Does the cooling fan cut in and out when required?

5. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Hi Sally-Anne. Welcome to he site, shame you found it under the circumstances that you did but hopefully you'll enjoy it after your issues are sorted. Have a look here:

Daytona 600 / 650 188 issue?

On that page there's a useful link to this too: http://www.electrosport.com/technical-resources/library/diagnosis/pdf/fault-finding-diagram.pdf

I'm guessing that after what you've been through the battery terminals aren't loose? (Worth checking, though).

Hope something here helps before the funeral.

Take care,

B