Mot's And Servicing In South Devon?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Gaspode, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Gaspode

Gaspode New Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Newton Abbot
    Hi everyone,

I live in Newton Abbot, halfway between Exeter and Plymouth. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places to get my Triumph Sprint MOT'd and serviced in the area. This is my 1st bike in 23 years, just got it a few months ago and so have no idea of recommended dealers/mechanics.

I know of Bridge in Exeter and a Triumph main dealer in Plymouth. Are either of these recommended? Perhaps there are smaller alternate places in the area that someone can suggest?

All the best, Paul

• Like Like x 1
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    It's a bit further on from Exeter but I would suggest Paul Broom, the owner of Brumers Bikes in Wellington, he is Triumph trained and very good.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi Paul. I don't have any experience of Triumph Plymouth but I would avoid (like the plague) Bridge in Exeter ..... unless it's changed - for the better - dramatically in the last few years. Which I very much doubt.

I try to have my T3's MoT'd and, if necessary, worked on at TREEN's in Crediton. The shop is anything but palatial but they are reasonable and fair and Clive was the workshop head at BRIDGE EXETER so, AFAIK, he did all the early Triumph factory training. If you're in to that kind of thing there's a 'biker cafe' - MOTO VELO - a couple of hundred yards up the road from Treen's. It's got a bit of a 'hipster/chopper' vibe to it but the coffee's good.

I'd be happy also to second the shout for Paul BROOM of BRUMER's - fairly quick and easy access from the M5, and I've had a number of bikes MoT'd there. Paul used to work at the nearby TOTAL TRIUMPH dealership - think I see something of a pattern developing here :) - and I suspect he probably does a LOT more Triumph service work now than do they!

I guess your choice in this area is 25 miles each way to TREEN's or 40 miles each way for BRUMERS.

Don't know about south and west of you, I'm afraid.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gaspode

Gaspode New Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Newton Abbot
    Thanks guys, that's great.

2 recommendations for Paul Broom has sealed the deal for me.

Really appreciate the help,

Cheers,Paul

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Let us know how you get on - and let him know that he was recommended on a forum. Feedback's always good. Unless it's on an amplifier .......:D

• Funny Funny x 1