Motogp 2022 - Rider Poll

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Octoberon, Feb 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?

Who will be the 2022 MotoGP Champion?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2022.
  1. Marc Marquez

31.6%
  2. Fabio Quartararo

10.5%
  3. Jack Miller

10.5%
  4. Francesco Bagnaia

36.8%
  5. Joan Mir

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Miguel Oliveira

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Franco Morbidelli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Remy Gardner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Raul Fernandez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Someone Else

10.5%
  1. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The start of the new season is only a few weeks away. What's your prediction for the 2022 championship? Poll stays open until the first round in Qatar. Name your long-shot for the title if they're not on the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheBeardedPunk

TheBeardedPunk Senior Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Belgium
    I voted Quartararo, but I see a lot of potential riders end up on top. They seem to be quite close to each other. Let’s just hope no manufacturer messed up their bike, to put them out of the championship before it even started.

I have never been a big Marquez fan, I never quite forgave him for crawling up Lorenzo’s butt. But I always liked the Doctor, so I’m biased. If he is actually fit though and that Honda is going well, everyone will have a fight to look forward too. That guy is just so incredibly fast and the way he seems to get out of a certain crash without actually crashing, incredible. I got to admit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I see 4 possible winners, but if Marquez is 100% fit he has to be favourite

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I agree about Marquez. Hard not to given his history. But I’m not convinced he will achieve that peak fitness again so I went with Pecco. He ended strongly last year and the Ducati is the bike to catch. I haven’t seen the recent test in Sepang yet but prior to that, both Suzuki and Yamaha riders were saying their bikes were better but hadn’t yet received major performance boosts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    The Yam is too slow now, all the other bikes have moved on more than they have. Marc is always there but is only another bad crash away from disaster with either his eyes or arm injury.
    Pecco was super fast at the end of last season and confident enough to fight with Marquez, as proven a couple of times, and the Ducati has also improved according to all their riders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The problem was they worked out how to make the Ducati turn,, so the Yamaha lost it's advantage. The Suzuki too, arguably. Those were holding some good, tight lines last year. We'll find out whether Yamaha have found a few more horses later this month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Time for a change of engine size? Shake things up a bit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    What would you put in?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Dunno, they’ve had 990, 800 and now 999 (1000). How about 750, no limit to number of cylinders? They don’t need to go bigger, they’re already insanely fast as they are. Could lead to some exotic motors like the small capacity sixes Honda raced in the 60’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The trouble with going to a 750 is that they'd be smaller than the Moto2 class, which as we all know has the best engines in the world. ;) It would be fun to see some really exotic prototypes, though I suspect the manufacturers would be against anything that they couldn't translate to their road bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Anybody but Honda. Voted for Bagnaia. If not him then Quatararo but Yamaha need bhp. Don’t really have a favourite these days so just want to see some good close racing. Ducati also seem to be flooding the field!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    I voted Marquez not that I like him in fact can't really stand him but the question was who I thought would win.
    I always said wait till he has a bad accident then we'll see how he goes well he's had the accident and even no wear fully fit he looked fairly fast.
    So if Honda have managed to up the power and handling and he is back to fitness I just think he will be hard to beat again.
    should be an interesting season.
    seeing which manufacturer has got it right and which ones have dropped a bollock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    No prediction from me, I just want to see good racing with different manufacturers and riders winning races, rather than the usual suspects hitting the front all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Mind you don't get any splinters from that fence. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    My other half, who isn't on the forum, has voted 'someone else'...Jorge Martin. Brave move. I told her to stick to fiver on him at the bookies. He has to be carrying fairly good odds. I don't think he'll win though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Na make sure I sit on a cushion :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Unless it's a whoopee cushion to give us a laugh, get voting. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think the last 15 years in Motogp have been brilliant with loads of different race winners, i did a quick google for race winners in the last few years: 2016, 9 race winners, 2017 5 race winners, 2018 5 race winners, 2019 6 race winners, 2020 9 race winners, 2021 8 race winners, even in 2014 when Marquez won the first 6 rounds there were still 6 different winners that season. Raul Fernandez might be the surprise this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #19 Octoberon, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Raul is destined for great things, I think. I wouldn't put it past him being a bit special this year but the rookie's championship is probably most likely. 2020 was a highly memorable year but it's generally good to see so many riders and manufacturers all capable of winning. Gone are the days of Mick Doohan and his one-man races, and Repsol Honda winning everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Have to agree about Raul. He meant business in moto2 and looks certain to follow that in the number one class.

• Agree Agree x 1