Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    The use of mob rule at the start and race managements reaction was pathetic. Tyre choice is part of the game, if you choose right happy days, if you choose wrong you pay the penalty. A simpler answer would have been to give everybody who left the grid a 30 second penalty and then reset the grid if there really were safety issues, the reason they gave for the delayed start. That's about what it would have cost them to come in and change bikes at the end of lap 1. Dorna needs to take a bloody good at themselves and they need to ensure that their rules are stuck to.

Marquez was a petulant and dangerous idiot, not for the first time. A single race ban should be the least he expects, and no doubt is what he'll get but it will be suspended. The problem I have with him is that with the way he acts for me he'll never be one of the greats no matter how many titles he wins. He got all the talent in the world but it's not only about the number of titles, it's about how you win those titles and, perhaps more importantly, how you lose. I know that nobody's choirboy but he just seems to push it that little bit too far. Had I been Rossi and he'd come to my garage to apologise I'd have hit him with a brick.

Cal was brilliant, great ride from him, Zarco and Rins too, as well as the most hard done by rider of the day, Jack Miller.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well said ! A picture speaks a thousand word's. In this case it doesn't say enough , he was reckless and dangerous in the extreme !

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Sadly its all going the same way as F1 :-( no longer sport but entertainment.

4. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Wee Jorge is really performing this year:confused:????
    Ducati must be really pleased with their investment.
    Good race when it finally got started............ but what a shambles;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    But some piss more aggressively than others :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Marquez should have been tested for drugs after that race...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pete Farrell

Pete Farrell Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    So it was okay for Rossi a while ago with Marquez but no one else gets away with it? They are racing not shopping.
    I can't wait to see the highlights after all the above posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i agree Rossi has done much worse in the past with next to no punishment..but then again Rossi can do no wrong according to his "Rossettes"

9. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Three misdemeanors in one race, that takes some beating.
    The start line rule break should have seen him pulled and started from the pit lane.
    Marquez is not only a danger to himself but anyone he has the misfortune he shares the track with. He is a very talented rider, but behaved like a desperate dick at Argentina! Roll on one race ban!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    OK, so I 'm guessing you're a Marquez fan Pete :D

Who said it was OK for Rossi to do it?
    Rossi did similar last year and got penalised for it at the next race which cost him any (albeit slight) chance of the championship.

Also, Marquez didn't do it just once like Rossi either, but a number of times just to compound things.
    Daft thing is Marquez could have had a big handful of points still if he had just showed a little patience....

While I admire their riding (at times anyway) I'm not a fan of either, much prefer guys like Crutchlow, Pedrosa etc. who let their riding do the talking but still respect their rivals.

After all's said and done, Marquez may have been a muppet on Sunday, but Race Control managed to outdo him with their actions over the whole weekend !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Agree with you to an extent, but I would lay the blame more with race control for the farce at the start of the race,and I've seen Rossi do some dodgy things during a race weekend (before all off the practice sessions and qualifying was shown on TV) yes colliding with 4 riders is a lot in one weekend the track conditions wouldn't have helped but he obviously had the red mist during the race which has happened to all racers, Aron Canets move during practice in moto3, a move which race control didn't give him any punishment for was just as bad if not worse. @tcbandituk I don't think you can compare the antics of Rossi in 2015 to this..is it really 3 years ago:confused:,if it had been any other rider apart from Rossi they would have been immediately black flagged and banned for at least the next race if not the whole season, as it happens Rossi went on to a 3rd place and got to keep his 15 points! and his "punishment" was starting from the back of the grid for the next race,i do like to see hard racing but Marquez and Rossi both go a bit far at times, but then again that's why they are both multiple world champions and motogp need characters like them,i am a MM fan but would love to see Crutchlow or Pedrosa win the title

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #92 Dougie D, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Cal was not happy during the post race conference because all the reporters were not there but they were hounding Rossi and Marquez,he didn't mince his words about the reporters and basically told them they should have been here to congratulate his win and the other podium guys and to F off if they want any future interviews from him..quite right too

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Pete Farrell

Pete Farrell Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    To TC,
    Wrong guess I'm not a Marquez fan I don't really have a favourite rider although I may favour George Lawrence (Lorenzo) who I think will be riding a works Honda next year. I have followed Rossi,s career since he won on a 125 at Donington bow and arrow Robin hood hat on the podium etc right to his first win in the Yamaha and you cannot criticize the skill and determination of the bloke. However after the 2015 incident with Marquez where if you check out the video footage you can see clearly Rossi looks back to see where Marquez is on track then, in my opinion, deliberately shuts him out causing Marquez to crash. Any other rider would have been given a more severe penalty but because it's Rossi and because he has so many supporters together with how much publicity he brings its only a slap on the wrist.
    I'm not sure if there is any footage of it anywhere but Rossi had a handbags with Max Biaggi (2 stroke 500,s) at Donington and I remember Biaggi got the blame. We were there and met Max in the paddock he,s about 5 foot really tiny so maybe it's a size thing with Rossi?
    Do you remember the whinge about Bridgestone tyres then the wall down the garage? I wonder how long it will be with him and Vinales.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    I doubt the reporters will give a feck what Crutchlow says....... its not like he is on the podium very often?....... he normally falls off:D:D:D:D;):bomb:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Certainly wont be on a Ducati........ His performance is dire considering the money spent on him. Only a certain type can ride a Ducati and its deffo not him!

16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Bring back Casey Stoner!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
  19. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Feckin disgraceful display from Marquez and from race control.

Black flag for Marquez after his grid shenanigans, would have stopped this before it started.

Rossi no angel, but that does not excuse Marquez behaviour, on the grid or on the track. There was no gap when he rammed Espargaro, and the the pass on Rossi was no where near being on.

And I feckin hate Keith Heuwen, don't tell me they are riding up a hill! Honestly he actually said that during the commentary. What a prick.

• Agree Agree x 1