Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    The Japan one. I been away for 3 1/2 weeks. I guess I must have set record on the repeat. As the Australian one had adverts as well. Haven't watched the Malaysian GP yet.

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that's a bummer,what i have noticed on occasion is that if you set it to record only the races and there is red flags during the race and the program goes on longer than expected,the recording ends at the time it was supposed to end,If i record any races now i always record the following program just incase that happens

• Like Like x 1
  3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Same here :)

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Wow!:) what a qualifying session in Valencia..Lorenzo a magnificent 1.29.4 first ever sub 1.30 lap :eek: and so smooth :cool:..Marquez did a 1.29.7, still very impressive... he wasn't quite as smooth :D:eek::D

5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes some fast laps in qualifying Dougie.

As you say so smoth from Lorenzo, but that's not Marquez style, his let it all hang out and slide it all about sure works for MM :cool:

I can't see a new MotoGP winner tomorrow Dougie.

Dave.

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Another great 2nd place for the wee macphee:) Now that he has a top bike & team it looks as if he is going to be a serious challenger for the moto 3 title:)..he could do with Joan mir making a few mistakes though!
    Franco morbidelli seems to be the Moto 2 guy to beat what a class act he is:cool: and his English puts the British riders to shame:oops:!!, and what about that moto GP race:eek: Looked as if Marquez was going to run away with it then he goes and bins it:rolleyes:! 6 other DNFs including Lorenzo,Pedrosa and poor Dovi getting taken out againo_O:( i was really looking forward to a battle between Vinales & Marquez..maybe next time.

7. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    Good racing across all 3 classes. Great to see McPhee finally get the chance he deserves, although as you say, Joan Mir looks as though he is going to take some stopping. It will be good to get to Europe and see what happens when they get to the regular tracks. The first 3 often throw a few surprises. Which isn't a bad thing.

Shame for Pedrosa, and good to see Rossi turn up race day again. I now want to see a head to head with Marquez and Vinales. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah Pedrosa binned it at the same spot as Marquez:(,they should give them the same bike as Cals!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    what a great ride by Zarco it would have been great to see a Frenchman on the top step in the premier class..the place would have erupted! Rossi must be gutted.. after a fantastic overtake on Vinales but then running wide on the last lap and letting Vinales take the lead again,then pushing too much trying to get the win and crashing out:( and Marquez has his work cut out again to try and retain the title after binning it again.. maybe he should have had the hard rear on again:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    half way through the season and it's never been closer:) only 10 points seperating the top 4 riders,championship is wide open this year even Dani who is 5th, is only 26 points behind the leader has a good chance.:).in years to come we will look back at this era as one of the best i'm sure:cool: what a result for Folgar! the first German to get a podium on a German circuit in the premier class for 60 years! a well deserved 2nd place
    moto gp standings.PNG

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    What a belter of a GP in Motegi :grinning: i remember the time when if it was going to be a wet race it was going to be a boring race..not anymore:cool: the grip the wet tyres have nowadays are unbelievable and no doubt the electronics help :eek: it was great to see Dovi and MM hug each other after such a great fight..looks like it's between those 2 now for the title,i'm a big MM fan but i won't be dissapointed if Dovi takes the title,it will be well deserved:)..Roll on Phillip Island:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah I got up to watch this one :)
    Was not disappointed....excellent racing all over field:eek::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It was bloody brilliant :eek:
    Would like to have seen Dovy finish higher :(
    But Marquez is looking really good for another title :p
    How good is Rossi on the brakes???:eek::cool:
    Love watching this series :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    cracking race:) i just love it when they are bashing fairings and swapping paint, shame Zarco just missed out on the podium..some of his overtakes were pretty aggressive:eek: mind you the rest of them weren't playing tiddlywinks:eek: it was a shame Dovi couldn't get in the mix:confused: i guess his crash in practice didn't do him any favours..

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    All 3 races were good viewing :)

Good to see KTM take their first moto2 win in fact 1st and 2nd places in the race and the moto3 guys as usual are loonies :):)

Looks like the MotoGP title is in MM finger tips, it's his to loose now which I can't see happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Yes, one of the best Moto GP races in a long time. Me and the misses were shouting at the telly willing Rosi on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Yeah, you could tell by how stoked Rossi was, that the riders enjoyed it as much as us!!!

My mate was actually there... git!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Zarco on pole for tomorrows race,2nd Marquez, 3rd Petrucci. great to have the racing back:D
    Just love seeing the bikes paint jobs sparkle with the flood lights at Qatar:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes Dougie they do look spectacular :cool:

Good qualifying from the little frenchman.

Looking forward to tomorrow :)

• Agree Agree x 1