Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've got it taped..tried my best not to hear the result as I'm not home till Thursday but heard to guys talking about it today and couldn't help hearing the result :rolleyes: it was just a matter of time before he won one :) bet Suzuki wish they had him for next year. Can't remember when there has been so many different winners in the moto gp class its certainly been an interesting season..don't know the results of moto 2 or 3 yet though :)

2. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    its good for all......especially us the paying TV viewer.... followed it for years and now a race involving more than two teams has happened more than once !!..... Barry Sheene s "V" sign by Cal would have finished it off perfect.....
    but Maverick did Pepsi Suzuki proud !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Quiet fitting as there was a Barry Sheene remembrance........

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hopefully next year Honda get their bike working and mm can get back to going for the win without thinking he's going to bin it., I've been looking forward to battles between MV and mm for a few years..hopefully he gels with the Yamaha quickly next year..used to love the shwantz Rainey battles loved Kevin's win it or bin it style :) the first year mm won the title he reminded me of him

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    What a race that was
    watched it as soon as i got home.fantastic!!:):):):):)

• Like Like x 1
  6. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    I had TV on from 9 till 4 30.... haven't enjoyed myself so much since I watched the entire box set of
    "Prisioner Cell Block H" !! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Glad you enjoyed it mate..... about time we saw alternate teams getting on the podium.... love MM but it was looking a one horse race a couple of years ago..... I personally don't think he's got over Rossi kicking him off ! lol
    and if I was Yamaha I would terminate Lorenzos contract early.... the buggar isn't even trying hard before he's paid super bucks by Ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Lorenzo on fire again in qualifying, Marquez did another of his amazing front end saves o_O..should be a cracking race tommorow :):):):)

9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Great result at Misano,that's 8 different winners in the top class this year, that's never happened before ever!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. old git

old git Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Agree, a great result. Who would have predicted that?

11. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Lorenzo had his bonus frozen and he needed some loot.... Dani had been told to try harder.... Marquez..... well he was fuming they gave him the wrong bike !

But who cares best season in years.... bring back variety on TV I say !!

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    who's your money on for the showdown,i wouldn't bet against Shakey but would love to see Leon win the title..there's going to be some great racing that's for sure :):):):):)

13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yep new i should have put a bet on Shakey..mind you i don't bet :confused:

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Number 9..not the Beatles!
    8 was a record,now it's 9! Dovi adds his name to the list of winners in moto gp this year.It really is a golden age for Moto Gp :):):):)
    ...Never did understand the 9 minutes of the Beatles repeating number 9 :confused::confused::confused:

15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Not being a betting man myself either Dougie but I wonder what odds you'd got at the start of the season on their being 9 different MotoGP winners this season :rolleyes: and we haven't finished yet :)

1 more round to go,,,,,,,,can it be 10 :eek:

Dave.

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Pretty high odds Dave,don't think anyone would have forecast 9 different winners,could it be number 10? The only other likely candidates are the Espargaro brothers, but it would take a lot of bad luck for the other guys..but you never know:)

17. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Just watched the Japan MotoGP having missed it whilst on holiday. What's with all the adverts?

Just getting stuck into the race when a set of adverts appear. Adverts finish and Rossi is on the deck, wtf.

I'm paying for BT Sport, so why am I having to watch chuffing adverts. 3 sets of adverts during the race.

I'm sure there weren't any during the racing earlier in the year.

18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Don't understand that, there were no adverts when i watched it on BT Sport..not during the races anyway. was it maybe highlights you had watched or had you recorded it?

19. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Hmm, I thought I had recorded the live race. Not sure now.

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think it must have been highlights, as I've never seen BT go to adverts during any of the races. was it the Malaysia Gp you recorded? as the Japanese Gp was on the 16th Oct, there have been the Australian and the Malaysian GPs since then