Moto GP There could/will be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Apr 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Actually the Moto3 race was probably the highlight, sounded the best from the start anyway, certainly the loudest, if that can be believed. After a few laps the main race was fairly well spread out.

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The year me and @andyc1 went to Aragon the racing in all classes were disappointing usually you can rely on the moto3 but that wasn't great either unfortunately,it was Andy's 1st time at a Moto GP and it was a shame it wasnt more exciting

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    MotoGP has almost gone the same way as WSB. The same riders and bikes winning every thing. Mind this years MotoGP has started really well. Time will tell.

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Last year I think there were 9 different winners, all the favourites didn't take the advantage of Marquez not racing. Usually at least half of the races are great,and it's great to see all the satellite bikes giving the factory bikes a good race

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep last year was the exception...

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Brilliant :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    How brilliant to see him up there again!
    Ok, anticlockwise track but bloody hell, what an effort and great for the team too of course!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hopefully by next year he will be close to 100% fit and we will see some great battles between them all

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Email just dropped into my inbox that Valentino Rossi has announced his retirement at the end of the season. :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    He’s made the right decision.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed, needs to go now. Sad but it is time ..

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    End of an era, he probably should have retired 2/3 years ago, i would have loved to see him go to WSB maybe 8/9 years ago then he would probably have the 10th world title he was wanting. loads of great talent in Moto GP just now so the future looks bright

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Maybe he could try WSB now but I think he’s trying to get his own MotoGP team off the ground.
    He was the most entertaining rider for many years especially with his cooling down lap and podium antics but the young uns have moved riding a MotoGP bike to amazing levels that even Marquez, injured I know, couldn’t reach.
    He probably went one year too many, really struggling to get the grip out of the bike to ride it like we know he can.

14. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Big VR fan of old, sadly I think he stayed 2 or 3 yrs too long, seeing todays interview he still hasn't let go of losing that 2015 championship, which is kind of sad but shows his competitive edge at the same time. Don't think VR & MM are going to be exchanging Christmas cards any time soon. :)
    Would have loved to see him have a go at WSBK and go head to head with Rea (and think he would have fun in that paddock) - but sadly it ain't going to happen.
    Think I'm right in saying nobody has got both Motogp and WSBK championships - there's a record he should go for?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Agreed. He should have gone to WSB two or three years ago. Yamaha would have put a huge effort behind him to win the title for a unique record.
    The young guns are phenomenal but none of them have anything like his charisma.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Sounds like he’s intent on car racing according to a YT vid I saw which included the retirement statement but no mention of his MotoGP team aspirations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I was watching free practice today and I'm sure I heard them say he is running a 2 man team next year

18. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes there will definitely be a 2 man VR46 Motogp team funded by the Arabs, riders Luca Marini and 1 other to be decided. It seems Rossi is not taking any regular track side role, leaving him free to do whatever.
    There's also a rumour doing the rounds that Arab prince is looking to buy out the VR46 business outright.

19. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    That’s what I’d heard previously, he was just putting the finishing touches in place and sorting the sponsorship money. We know he’s toyed with the idea of car racing and dabbled in the past but I think he knows he belongs in the GP paddock and I’d love to see him as a team manager, it’s just what bike it will be, well it won’t be Honda, that’s for sure.

20. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    He's got a contract with Ducati for 2 bikes, I think Luca's will be 2022 spec the other 2021. Rossi won't be team manager as it would stop him doing his car racing. Pablo Nieto will be team manager.

• Thanks Thanks x 1